Wearing the Green – 18” doll

darski

Wearing the Green – 18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-1358977979_thumb.jpg

5.5 mm hook. White, Kelly Green WW yarn.

The knitted Ruana pattern is not included. It is simply knit in stockinette stitch following the usual Ruana form. it is available in the Knitter's group forum

post-4896-13589779794_thumb.jpg

The Top:

post-4896-135897797938_thumb.jpg

With white, chain 20

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (19hdc)

Row 2: Work 2 hdc in every hdc across (38 hdc)

Row3: {ch 5 tightly – this is a button loop so you can skip it if you plan to use Velcro}

Hdc in 6, ch 1, hdc in 7, ch 1, hdc in 12, ch 1, hdc in 7, ch 1, Hdc in 6, ch 1 turn. (38 hdc and 4 ch1 spaces)

Row 4: Hdc in 6, [hdc-ch1-hdc] in ch 1 space, hdc in 7, [hdc-ch1-hdc] in ch 1 space, hdc in 12, [hdc-ch1-hdc] in ch 1 space, hdc in 7, [hdc-ch1-hdc] in ch 1 space, Hdc in 6, secure white but DNBO

Row 5: attach Kelly green at other end and work hdc in every hdc and [hdc-ch1-hdc] in ch 1 space.

Row 6: repeat row five in White

Row 7: with Green…

Work hdc in only the front and two back sections. Work up to and into the ch one spaces and work a ch one between back, front and next back section. (I have 39 hdc and 2 ch 1 spaces)

Row 8: with white…

Hdc across the row… work 1 hdc in each ch 1 space but work 4 decreases evenly across the row. (back, front X 2 and back)

Rows 9-12: Continue in alternating stripes of colour. Break off and tidy all ends.

post-4896-135897797936_thumb.jpg

The Pants:

Legs: do not break off after 2nd leg.

With Kelly Green…Ch 27 and join to form a ring. Work 2 rows evenly of dc (27 dc)

Row 3-4: work 2 decreases on each row but stagger the locations. (25, 23 dc)

Row 5-9: Work evenly in dc DNBO after 2nd leg.

Torso: Align the two leg parts and join together with 5 sc. At this point you are at Centre Front. …

Ch 1 and begin working in dc around the leg segment, work 2 dc at the stitch before the join, work (dc, tr, dc) into the join, work 2 dc in the stitch after the join, continue in dc around the leg section to beginning dc and join.

Row T2-5: Work evenly in dc for 4 rows.

Row T6: Work dc decrease twice on EA side of back.

Row T7: work a row of sc around a ¼” elastic waistband. Break off and tidy all ends

The Glengarry style cap… There is a definite bulge created on the first side you work. The green long sc stitches are to be on this side.

post-4896-135897797943_thumb.jpg

With white… ch 10

Row 1: 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in 2, dc in 2, 2 dc in next, dc in 1, hdc in next, 5 hdc in end chain, hdc in each chain down the other side, 3 more hdc in the starting st.

Row 2: 2 hdc in 2, hdc in 2, 2 hdc in next, hdc in 3, 2 hdc in next, hdc in next, 2 hdc in next 5, hdc in 7, 2 hdc in last 3 sts.

Rows 3-6: work evenly in hdc. Break off white and tidy all ends.

Row 7: Attach Green and work a row of sc with (long sc, sc)X 5 at the outside face of the cap . see picture.

Row 8: work row of hdc evenly around. Break off and tidy all ends.

I attached a bobby pin to the inside of the cap to keep it on. A small comb would likely work for this as well.

post-4896-135897797942_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

WOW!! I just looked at all of these outfits for 18" dolls, and they are amazing! I really needed more projects........And I DO love the knitted accessories. They add such a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!

I come from a mixed Irish/Cherokee/Scot heritage. The Irish in me is really smiling over this pattern. Thanks!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
I love the pattern! However, I am completely stumped as to finding the mentioned Knitter's format to find the ruana pattern. HELP!

the knitters Forum is a group that you can join. You find the forums at the bottom of the page with all the departments but you join by your [user CP] look to the blue bars at the top of the page for User CP . Look for "group memberships" and click on the ones you want.

the other easier way to do it is to join my yahoo group as all the patterns are together there.

Archived