Youthful Memories - 18" Doll (PDF added)

darski

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know the yarn gauge for this pattern?

Sorry no. I don't do gauge swatches for my doll patterns. My suggestion would be to make the chain for the neck edge and see if that fits your doll.

In addition, I go through yarn very quickly, I also get rid of the clothing generally so I can't check. (not that I would truth be told :blush... I just don't see the need for items this small.

Edited to add... :welcome to our little Ville :hug

Edited by darski

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am stuck on the sole row 1 of the shoes pattern. I get to the 5 hdc in the end ch and now I am stuck on the "hdc in 2 sc in next, 3 sc in beginning stitch" My poor tired brain is just not figuring it out. It is probably something really simple, but it is eluding me.

My 6 yo daughter just got her first American girl doll a couple of weeks ago, and I found this site searching for patterns. I love your designs. I have been making her a Xmas outfit from different patterns that you have posted. So far, I have made the dress with the crinoline(in white with red trim) and the santa hat from the snowy days pattern. Everything has just turned out beautiful and I have never had so much fun crocheting! EVER!!! Your doll patterns have renewed my love for crocheting. Thanks you so much.

Now, if I could just figure out these shoes..........

I am stuck on the sole row 1 of the shoes pattern. I get to the 5 hdc in the end ch and now I am stuck on the "hdc in 2 sc in next, 3 sc in beginning stitch" My poor tired brain is just not figuring it out. It is probably something really simple, but it is eluding me.

My 6 yo daughter just got her first American girl doll a couple of weeks ago, and I found this site searching for patterns. I love your designs. I have been making her a Xmas outfit from different patterns that you have posted. So far, I have made the dress with the crinoline(in white with red trim) and the santa hat from the snowy days pattern. Everything has just turned out beautiful and I have never had so much fun crocheting! EVER!!! Your doll patterns have renewed my love for crocheting. Thanks you so much.

Now, if I could just figure out these shoes..........

I am stuck on the "hdc in 2 sc in next, 3 sc in beginning stitch
There is a comma missing after ""hdc in 2 comma sc in next"". I have fixed it in the OP. :ty for letting me know and :ty for your kind words.

• 1 month later...

Work extra sc in **** area if needed. Ch 1 and flip sole over.

What does this mean? Which area? Sorry about the questions. I just haven't done shoes before. So I'm not sure how it all works yet. They are so cute., I want to eventually make the whole outfit. I need the shoes for an outfit I'm working on.

Work extra sc in **** area if needed. Ch 1 and flip sole over.

What does this mean? Which area? Sorry about the questions. I just haven't done shoes before. So I'm not sure how it all works yet. They are so cute., I want to eventually make the whole outfit. I need the shoes for an outfit I'm working on.

I mistyped the word "heel" and it made a naughty word that is not allowed on the site. work extra sc in the heel area if needed.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I wanted to let you know that my daughter got an 18" doll like this for Christmas, and I had pinned many patterns I found over December.  After she got the doll, I let her pick out what outfit she'd like me to make first, and this was the first she picked.  :)  Thank you for this sweet pattern!  :) 

• Like 1

I wanted to let you know that my daughter got an 18" doll like this for Christmas, and I had pinned many patterns I found over December.  After she got the doll, I let her pick out what outfit she'd like me to make first, and this was the first she picked.  :)  Thank you for this sweet pattern!  :)

You may want to join my Yahoo group - see my signature - to be able to get all the patterns from one place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is lovely, my granddaughter just got an American Girl doll for Christmas.  Will love making clothes for her...

Thanks again for sharing this lovely pattern!1

I have to admit that this is one of the favourite pattern of mine that I see on Pinterest.  Enjoy .

If you want quick access to all my patterns you can find my Yahoo group in my signature.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would love to make this pattern for my granddaughter.

I have just one question right now though, where is it that you attach the elastic to the skirt, or am I just missing it in the pattern.

Thank you for your help!!

the elastic is covered on row 1:

Row 1: With white, work 44 sc around waistband and join..

I have assumed that you can crochet over an elastic.  This may be presumptuous; if so I'm sorry.  Not everyone does that sort of thing. :)

This is stunning. My 3 year old has been wanting a doll such as the American Dolls (I think Walmart has some much cheaper) - She might just get one for Christmas so I can make her some clothes for it! 

• Donna changed the title to Youthful Memories - 18" Doll (PDF added)