• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Retired (LOL) to Galloway, NJ (near AC) 2 years ago - a Native NYC girl

Running South Jersey's largest food pantry - Community Food Bank in EHT

I crochet for AtlantiCare Hospice Care

• 4 weeks later...

I'm only up the highway in Milltown but don't know of any crochet groups. I keep hoping to find one. My library has a group for knitters on Monday eves, they welcome crocheters but I need to go check them out first!!!

My local library has a 'Craft Club' for people who do various crafts (including knitting and crocheting) to meet. They meet Thursdays at 1pm. I may check them out this week, but if anyone find anything local, I would love to join and meet up. :)

jerseymomjm and craftyRCC-

I'm in Old Bridge- and I went to the Milltown library group one Monday night- the folks are very nice- but they were all knitting. I was the only one crocheting. There was one lady Kathy (who I met in ACMoore in EB) who does both. I haven't found a group that is only for crocheters.

I'm in Colorado, but leaving Monday to go to Rockaway NJ to check out a job. How is the living there? I am mostlikely moving there as soon as my house gets sold.

I'm in Colorado, but leaving Monday to go to Rockaway NJ to check out a job. How is the living there? I am mostlikely moving there as soon as my house gets sold.

I have been in Jersey since I am 3 years old- raised in Bergen County and have been in Central Jersey since my 20's (so that's about 30 years). I'm about 10 min away from Rutgers University. Rockaway is NW Jersey- very pretty up there.

Jersey taxes are high- but Jersey does have a lot to offer for a small state- you've got mountains and the "Jersey Shore"!!! Good luck with the job!

• 1 month later...

I grew up in South Jersey around the Philadelphia. I lived in Freehold for a while before moving here.

You do have a lot to do in Jersey and it has a lot to offer all along the shore area, all the way to Cape May.

You should be prepared that the car insurance is also High, depending on where you live. When I moved from Freehold, my car insurance was almost cut in half.

I think you will like it, but it is way different from Colorado in weather.:hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
:cheerLittle Falls, Fairfield and Bloomfield

So you are living in three towns at a time? LOL! I live in PA but work in NJ. I lived in NJ all my life and finally moved out. I have friends in Bloomfield, I used to live in Belleville and I used to work in Fairfield near the Target on Rt. 46.

It was one of my goals to move to a calmer state of mind and PA fits that bill (literally too) and I couldn't be happier.

I would love to get together with :hug anyone who is interested in the Sussex County area??...just thought I put it out there.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi. I grew up in Hudson County, West New York to be exact. Have lived in Jersey City, Fairview, now live in Ocean near neptune. Down the Jersey shore and I love it. Cant find anyone around here who does crafts. Dont know alot of people yet but the ones I do all think Im strange to crochet when I can buy it made already. Id rather have homemade. Id anyone near me. Let me know.

Hi Tinkybell,

I am in Central NJ, but my daughter goes to college in Long Branch. I am not sure how far that is from you but I know a group meets at Carriage Yarn in Long Branch.

Hi. I grew up in Hudson County, West New York to be exact. Have lived in Jersey City, Fairview, now live in Ocean near neptune. Down the Jersey shore and I love it. Cant find anyone around here who does crafts. Dont know alot of people yet but the ones I do all think Im strange to crochet when I can buy it made already. Id rather have homemade. Id anyone near me. Let me know.

• 7 months later...

hey! I live in East Hanover on the Essex/Morris County Border. Anyone know of any crocheting groups? Anyone want to start one? I'm 37 and work slightly wonky hours (getting out at 8pm) and haven't found anything for crocheters here.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived