Anchors Aweigh! - 15-inch Doll

darski

Anchors Aweigh!!! – 15 inch doll

This outfit was made using Red Heart Yarn and a 6.mm hook
DNBO = Do Not Break Off

post-4896-0-81616600-1364350360_thumb.jpg

The Bell Bottom Pants – needs elastic waist band. Note that I made these to be looong for that droopy-bell bottomed sailor look. You could do one less row in the legs if you don’t want them to come to the floor.
post-4896-0-23065200-1364350369_thumb.jpg

Legs, make 2 and do not break off after 2nd leg..

Ch 26 and join
Row 1: 26 dc around (26dc)
Rows 2-4: Decrease by two stitches on each round – stagger the decreases (24, 22, & 20 dc around)

Rows 5-8: Dc evenly around.

Torso:

Align the two leg parts and join together with 6 sc, ch 1, Dc in next stitch and around the two leg sections but work 3 Tr into the join at the Centre Back and one dc into the join at C.F.

Flatten out the pants and pick two stitches to form the “flap” section that sailor’s pants have. Mark the two stitches and work FPDC around them to get the raised effect. You can skip this part if you wish.

Work one row of dc evenly around working the FPDC as required (I have 34dc here)

Work another row of dc with the FPDC but do a decrease on each side of the back. (32 dc)

Work another row evenly around

Work a row of sc around an elastic waistband join and secure. Tidy all ends. Stitch 4 white buttons at centre front.

post-4896-0-03571400-1364350366_thumb.jpg

The Skirt: also needs elastic waistband

Row 1: Work 40 sc over an elastic waistband and join

Row 2: hdc in 15, FPdc around next, hdc in 8, FPdc around next, hdc in 15 join. (40 sts)

Row 3: hdc in 2, 2 hdc in next, hdc in 11, 2hdc in next, FPdc around next, hdc in 8, FPdc around next, 2 hdc in next, hdc in 11, 2 hdc in next, hdc in last 2. (44 sts)

Row 4-6: Work evenly maintaining the FPDC

Row 7: hdc in 4, 3hdc in next, hdc in 12, 3hdc in FPdc, hdc in 8, 3 hdc in FPdc, hdc in 12, 3hdc in next, hdc in last 4. (52 sts)

Row 8-11: Work evenly in hdc. Break off and tidy all ends. Add 4 white buttons to the front “flap” area.

post-4896-0-55687500-1364350363_thumb.jpg

The Middy…

Row 1: Ch 23, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, *hdc in 1, 2 hdc in next* to end. (33 hdc)

Row 2: hdc in 4, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 4, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 8, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 4, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 4

Row 3: (work a tight ch 5 loop here for button if you wish) Hdc in 5, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 6, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 10, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 6, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 5.

Row 4: Hdc in 6, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 8, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 12, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 8, (2 hdc in next) twice, hdc in 6.

Row 5: Hdc in 7, ch 4, skip next 10 sts (it’s a sleeve), hdc in 14, ch 4, sk next 10 sts, hdc in last 7.

Row 6-7: Work evenly in hdc

Row 8: hdc in 2, *3hdc in next, hdc in next 3* to end… it may not work out evenly. Break off and tidy away ends.

The Collar: Attach white yarn at top left back.
On this first ‘set up row’ you are going to work the post stitches to help your collar to lay flat and you need to make the two sides match so you might want to mark the 11th stitches from each end so you know where your post stitches start and stop.

post-4896-0-19012100-1364350364_thumb.jpg

Row C1: FPsc in 4, 2FPsc in next 4, FPsc in 3, ch 9 slip stitch into centre stitch on row 3 of bodice, ch 9, FPsc in 3 (as marked), 2FPsc in 4, FPsc in last 4.

Row C2: hdc in each FPsc and in 8 of the nine chains, ch 2 –sl st in sl st join, ch 2, hdc in 8 of the next nine ch and in each FPsc. Secure white but DNBO

Row C3: attach navy at top right side and SC in every hdc, on right side, ch 3, SC in every hdc on the left side. Secure and break off navy. Tidy ends.

Row C4: with White, hdc in ever sc to centre, ch 2, sc in ch 3 loops, ch 2, hdc in every sc to end. Break off white and tidy away ends.

Red trim at Front. I just tied two strands of red yarn at either side of the section framed by the collar.
I did this in the ‘ditch’ between rows one and two and between rows two and three. Be creative here and work whatever you think would continue the naval theme.

The blue ties… attach navy yarn around the centre ch spaces with a SC, ch 9 and slip stitch back along the chain, sl st into the original sc. Ch 9 again and slip stitch back along this chain. Secure and break off… tidy all ends.

Sleeves: attach yarn in underarms and work around the armholes. for the first 3 rows, work sc in underarm and hdc for the rest. Then work in hdc all around. put in one row of navy before your last row of white.

post-4896-0-38402000-1364350365_thumb.jpg

The Hat…

With white…
Row 1: Ch 2, 6 hdc in 2nd ch from hook

Row 2: 2 hdc in every hdc

Row 3: hdc in 1, 2hdc in next

Row 4: hdc in 2, 2hdc in next

Row 5: hdc in 3, 2hdc in next

Row 6: hdc in 4, 2hdc in next

Row 7-10: Work evenly

Row 11: work FPhdc in every hdc. Ch 1 turn

Row 12: Hdc in 4, 2 hdc in next around ( may not work evenly…

Row 13: work evenly in hdc. Secure white but DNBO

Row 14: attach nave and work sc in every hdc. Break off navy and tidy ends.

Row 15: pick up White and work hdc evenly around. Break off and tidy all ends.

I attached a bobby pin to the front of this hat to keep it sitting on Dora’s head. For some reason this hat is actually small-ish unlike my usual huge Dora chapeaux. :wlol

Note: the red shoes belong to another outfit but they just follow my standard shoe pattern.

Copyright Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-0-82964000-1364350364_thumb.jpg

I picked up one of these dolls yesterday at Goodwill. I remembered seeing patterns on here, so gonna see if I can find some more to make for her. (doll)

The easiest way is to go to CPC and check under dolls and doll clothes. Rachel usually adds Dora's name to the patterns.

Wow Darski!! That is a gorgeous outfit!! :clap Would you believe I have downloaded all of your "Dora" clothes patterns, went to e-bay and bought a couple of "Dora" dolls with the best intention of making two of my granddaughters outfits to play with!! Well, I never have made the clothes!!:blushAnd now my oldest granddaughter has "outgrown" Dora!!:( Well, there's still hope, I have three more granddaughters......If there were only 48 hrs. in our 24 hr. days!! :lol :lol Anyhoo, this outfit really "rocks"!! :cheer:hook

Darski your Sailor outfit is too cute. I love it and the hat is darling. I could never make a hat like that on my own. Your patterns are so beautiful, I love looking at the things you make for Dora. I can only make a few things for Dora, but you're the Queen.

Thanks Darski, I just can't keep up with all you doll clothes:yay I can't crochet fast enough I guess :rofl Good thing I save all the patterns.

Darski your Sailor outfit is too cute. I love it and the hat is darling. I could never make a hat like that on my own. Your patterns are so beautiful, I love looking at the things you make for Dora. I can only make a few things for Dora, but you're the Queen.

Thank you for your kind words. it means much to me that you don't mind that I made a nautical outfit too.

This outfit was a request but I don't like to copy what someone else has done. :hug:manyheart:hug

Thank you for your kind words. it means much to me that you don't mind that I made a nautical outfit too.

This outfit was a request but I don't like to copy what someone else has done. :hug:manyheart:hug

I :manyheart yours much better then mine b/c you have extra pieces to yours and even the color is different. We were thinking the same but came up with totally different designs but I must say your design is better.

• Donna changed the title to Anchors Aweigh! - 15-inch Doll

Archived