Noro Sock Yarn Shawl

lavonne3ca

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep coming back to this thread - that is a lovely shawl, the colorway is wonderful, the drape is beautiful. Noro sock yarn, huh? Sigh.

I keep coming back to this thread - that is a lovely shawl, the colorway is wonderful, the drape is beautiful. Noro sock yarn, huh? Sigh.

Uh oh I hear the wheels turning, I think somewhere in the world another two skeins of sock yarn may not make it as socks. The first time I saw this yarn it just screamed shawls. :hook

Amazing that that's only two skeins of yarn! What a gorgeous shawl, thank you for sharing it with us :D

Yes there is 422m in each skein, combine that with the open lacy pattern and it goes a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful shawl. I don't think I've worked with Noro sock yarn yet, but have worked with other sock yarn making other things besides socks with the yarn. Great work.

Now I have to look up Noro sock yarn.

Oh my word...I am so stocking up on German sock yarn before I move home, even with the euro/dollar conversion, it's less expensive than the Noro...however, I do want to try some Noro...just need to save up some pennies for it.

The striping from the sock yarn is just such a cool effect! If I had any Noro yarn I'd be playing with it too, just to see what kind of patterns would come out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived