2 New Designs I Made For My Mom DISHTOWEL

DreamsOfYarn

I have been racking my brain for something to make for my Mom for Mother's Day. She has 2 ghans I've made her along with 2 shawls, so that was out. She is out of places to put doilies and doesn't do dishes so dishcloths were out as well. Since she is on mostly bed rest, I wanted to make her something useful and practical and I finally had a :idea moment. I decided to make her a dish towel she could hang on her walker that sits by the couch, so if she uses her moistened towels to wipe her hands off, she could dry her hands on the towel and it won't walk off (like most of her hand towels do). Then I decided to make her a little tote to hang on her walker so she can safely take the phone with her when so is up and about.

I am making a few more for her, then I will lay here and try to get the patterns written up. I have designed 3 things this week :eek. I guess laying here with nothing but time on my hands has gotten my crocheting creative juices flowing :lol

Here are my latest creations:

th_UpAndDownDishtowel2.jpg th_WalderToteCatchAll1.jpg

click for larger picture

Those are both pretty, I love the color of the yarn you used to make them. I also like how you always have descriptions explaining your projects in the pics, that's really cool.

Thank you ladies.

Those are both pretty, I love the color of the yarn you used to make them. I also like how you always have descriptions explaining your projects in the pics, that's really cool.

I decided to start putting the descriptions in the pictures so I would have a picture journal of all my creations. I always forget to write in my crochet journal the specifics of my goodies. Plus anyone that sees the pictures will know the details.

How about a multi-pocketed hanging thing that she could put things she needs near her when in bed but that won't clutter up her nightstand? You know, one of those things that you slide between the mattress and box spring (so the weight of the mattress holds it in place) that's essentially a long rectangle, with 2 or three pockets in the end that sticks out and lay against the side of the bed? She can put a book, or lipstick, or magazine, TV guide or remote control, or some such in there, and leave room for water, medicines, etc. on the table. Is that making any sense? I'm sure there's a word for it, but I'm blanking on what they're called right now. An organizer, of sorts. Sorry for being so incoherent! Patty

DesertCrocheter, She already has one of those, but thank you so much for the suggestion.

Right now she is unable to go up and down steps, so she is camped out on the couch. She tried using it on the couch, but the weight of the cushions isn't enough to keep it from falling to the floor. That is why I am making her a few totes instead.

My MIL works for a nursing home and there is a lady who used to crochet bags like that for the walkers, some that would fit on the handles of a wheelchair so the person pushing the chair could slip it off and hand it to the person in the chair, and some that could be hung on the arm rest of a wheelchair so the person in the chair had a place to put stuff.

It is the neatest idea. Your mom will love it!

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

When my Dad brought Hilly home from church last night, he asked what I was working on now. I showed him the 2 things for Mom and asked his opinion. He said it was a great idea and it would make things easier for Mom. When he comes later to pick up Hilly for the weekend I'm going to show him the tote in progress and ask his opinion on the size (it is wider than the last one). I want to make sure it won't be too big for her.

Archived