Lp(s)= loop(s)

Rep= repeat

Rem= remaining

Sc= single crochet

Sk= skip

Sl st= slip stitch

St(s)= stitch(es)

Tch= turning chain

Row 1- Ch 56, sc in 2nd ch from hk and in ea of next 2 ch, *ch 5, sk 3 ch, sc in ea of next 3 ch, rep from * to end, replacing last 3 sc with 2 sc; ch 1, turn.

Row 2- sc in same st as tch, *ch 3, sc in ch-5 sp, ch 3, sk 1 sc, sc in next sc, rep from * to end; ch 1, turn.

Row 3- sl st in ch-3 sp, ch 1, *sc in ch-3 sp, sc in sc, sc in next sp, ch 5, sk next sc, rep from * to end, ending with sc in ch-3 sp, sc in sc, sc in next ch-3 sp; ch 1, turn.

Row 4- sl st in next sc, ch 1, sc in same st, *ch 3, sc in ch-5 sp, ch 3, sk 1 sc, sc in next sc, rep from * to end; ch 1, turn.

Rows 5-18- Rep rows 3 and 4.

Row 19- sl st into ch-3 sp, ch 1, sc in same sp, sc in sc, sc in next ch-3 sp; ch 1, turn.

Row 20- sl st in next sc, ch 1, sc in same st; ch 1, turn.

Row 21 (edging & ties)- 3 sc in same sc as tch, *sc evenly along side of scarf, working 3 sc in ch sps and 1 sc in ea row end sc & tch*. **At corner of row 1, ch 36, turn, sl st in 2nd ch from hk and in ea ch back to corner**, 2 sc in corner st, sc across rem lps of base ch to next corner, 2 sc in corner sc, rep ** to **, rep * to *, join with sl st to 1st sc of row. Fasten off, weave in ends.

This pattern hasn't been tested, so if you have any problems or questions, let me know! :hook

I'd like to see it on you!

I'm working on it. :) DH is in class till 3 or so, and then taking the truck to get fixed (it's no good if you can't unlock the driver's side door lol) so THEN hopefully I'll have a pic of it on my head and not the sofa. :D

Its so pretty - think what it would look like with some little crocheted flowers on it. Thanks so much for sharing

Ooooh that is such a good idea! :yes Little clusters at the side, or a row across the top... :hook I might have to make another one...

Anyone have one finished that they can show off? :D I haven't had a spare second to think about crocheting, but I really want to try this one!

Lovely work. Looks nearly identical to the headscarf in Melissa Leapman's Cozy Crochet, which I've made several dozen times over for family and friends with long hair. Headscarves are so useful!

I made one of these head scarfs. I used cotton yarn in a variegated color. It is really beautiful.

I have a question, I think that this pattern would make a great shawl also. So if I wanted to enlarge the pattern, for a shawl size, what is the multiples?

Really great pattern!!!

Thanks,

Christina Harper

I made one of these head scarfs. I used cotton yarn in a variegated color. It is really beautiful.

I have a question, I think that this pattern would make a great shawl also. So if I wanted to enlarge the pattern, for a shawl size, what is the multiples?

Really great pattern!!!

Thanks,

Christina Harper

Oooh I think that's a lovely idea! :manyheart The multiples for the pattern is 6+1. I'd love to see a finished shawl! :yes

Archived