Cotton Filet

CrochetCynde

I'm working on some curtains for my kitchen and need to block them. Of course, thread is so easy to block and much smaller, easier to deal with. How do I deal with curtain panels? Should I block sections at a time? Thoughts?:eek

I'd block panels at a time even if the panels are made of sections. Unless each section is so distorted that joining the sections would allow you to shape them.

Hey!

I would think block them as panels and if you can use a grid as a template each panel should block to the same size....

*should*:yes

Manda

The best way to block something large would be to invest in a cardboard pattern cutting board. They are available at Joann Fabrics. The description of the board is at the following link:

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3349&PRODID=prd48124&source=search

They are large cardboard mats with one inch squares on them.

This will be perfect for obtaining the straight lines you need.

Be sure to cover the board with waxed paper before you start to block so the water does not ruin the board and make sure to use rust proof pins.

Hope this helps,

Toni Horvath

At Lowe's I bought one package of pads like this, specifically for blocking. They are about 2 feet across for one mat which interlocks with three others in any formation you wish, like a puzzle. They hold pins absolutely perfectly and with the non-fuzzy finish (unlike carpet) they don't tend to retain moisture from the blocking item. They are in the floor/carpet section and cost about $20 for a package of 4.

Archived