Wallet( pattern added post #37)

Sonny321

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I made up the wallet part, but got 2 rounds of the flower from a flower pattern and the ball button idea from a book I have. I'll write up a How I did it thingy but I won't claim it as a completly original pattern as I scavenged those two parts, When I write it up I'll credit the two sources I borrowed from. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

I love it! I want it! Did you make the pattern up? I have a birthday present I need to make and that would be perfect! Please, please share!

Patty

I wrote up a pattern as I made a second version. I changed the stitch pattern slightly( I think it looks prettier than the one done in all sc.

Here are the pictures of the new one and below the is the pattern. I also have some pictures of the assembly that I can add if they are needed.

th_882e2571.jpg

th_398b93b4.jpg

th_720c7229.jpg

Flower Button Wallet

Worsted weight yarn

Small amount of main color and two smaller amounts of yellow for button and another color for flower.

Yarn needle

H hook.

Stitch pattern

Crumpled Griddle

Note: On row two, on each hdc there is a loop underneath the two loops that you usually would crochet into. This is the loop you crochet into NOT the two stitch loops.

Chain 12

Row 1:sc in 2nd ch from hook,* hdc in next stitch, sc in next stitch, repeat from * to end of row. Ch 1, turn.

Row 2: Sc in 1st sc,* sc in the next hdc loop( mentioned in pattern note), sc in next sc, repeat from * to end, ch 1, turn.

Row 3: (right side) Sc in 1st st, * hdc in next sc, sc in next sc, repeat from* to end, ch 1, turn

Repeat row’s 2 and 3, ending on a row 2 row.

Wallet: ( weave in ends as you go)

Chain 25

Work in pattern until piece is 24 rows long, fasten off. (You will fold this sideways when it’s time to sew it up)

Pocket:

Chain 13

Row 1: Sc 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1 turn

Row 2 - 24: Sc in each sc across

Fasten off,

With wrong side of wallet facing and working through the back loops on the pocket and the front loops on the wallet, sew or slip stitch the pocket to the last 12 stitches on the top row of the wallet and the last 12 stitches on the bottom row of the wallet.

Sew or slipstitch neatly across the bottom of the pocket, and sew or slip stitch a neat seam to divide the pocket for credit cards and coins. (Be sure to do this as neatly as you can because you are sewing the pocket to the front portion of the wallet) turn right side out.

Flap:

Note: Work sc dec like this (insert hook into stitch and draw up a loop, insert hook into next stitch and draw up a loop, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook) after making a Sc Dec, continue with the next stitch the pattern stitch row you are working on calls for unless otherwise noted.

Row 1: With the front of the wallet facing you attach yarn to the back edge and make 23 sc evely spaced across the back, ch 1, turn.

Row 2: Work row 2 of pattern stitch.

Row 3: Work row 3 of pattern stitch.

Row 4: Work row 2 of pattern stitch with a sc dec on the first and last stitch of the row.

Row 5: Work row 3 of pattern stitch with a sc dec on the first and last stitch of the row.

Row 6: repeat row 4

Row 7: repeat row 5

Row 8 repeat row 4

Row 9: repeat row 5

Row 10: Work 1 sc dec, hdc in the next st, ch 5, skip 5 sc and hdc into the next st, 1 sc dec, ch 1, turn.

Row 11: work 1 sc dec, 5 sc in the ch 5 space, 1 sc dec in the next st., ch1 and turn.

Row 12: work 1 sc dec, sc in each of the next 3 st, 1 sc dec in the next st, fasten off.

Flower: inspired by the flower pattern found here ( http://www.geocities.com/mooncat48/Patterns/PinsandFridgies/Zinneas/zinneas.htm )

Attach contrasting color yarn for the flower to the inside edge of the button hole

Make 14 (or 16 for a fuller flower) sc evenly spaced around the inside edge of the button hole sl st into the first sc.

Round 1: *Chain 8 and sl st into the back loop of the same st., sl st into the next stitch. Repeat from * to end.

Round 2: sl stitch into the front loop of the same sc’s that you made the first loops in. * chain 6 and sl st into the front loop of the same st, sl st into the next st, and repeat from * to end. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Button: (Slightly modified version of the ball button found in Reader’s Digest’s “The Complete Guide to Needleworkâ€)

With yellow yarn, ch 4 and sl st to form a ring. ( leave about a 6 inch tail)

Round 1: Ch1, make 10 sc in the ring, sl st to beginning sc.

Round 2: Ch1, * 1 sc in next st, 2 sc in the next st repeat from* around to end sl st to beginning sc. Pull short yarn tail up through center hole) (15 sc’s made)

Round 3: Ch1, (insert hook through center hole , draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook) 20 times, sl st to beginning sc.

Round 4: 1 sc in every other st, fasten off leaving a 12 inch tail. With yarn needle ( or small crochet hook will work in a pinch) make an over cast st in each outside loop, pulling the yarn end after each st to snug stitches toward the center( forming a ball shape) Tie beginning and ending tails together, and sew an X across the back for sewing to the purse.

Line up the button with the button hole( centered on the front of the purse) and sew button to purse, fasten off and weave and trim any ends.

Thanks so much!! You should totally post this in the Original Patterns thread (if you haven't already). It's great!!

Bec

Thanks for the pattern! I was wondering what to make for the girls in my daughter's class--she's changing schools at the end of the year, and they are throwing her a surprise party--and now I think I know!!

thanks again for your generosity and time!

I started this last night and have one question about decreasing the stitches for the flap. You start out with 25 stitches, but there's no info on how many to decrease on each row. Unless my printer chopper chopped something off in the pattern. It routinely drops a line here or there when going to a new page, so it could've happened. It was fun and fast to crochet up though. I'm using up some weird drak bluish green yarn I had, though, so I have no idea what color to make the flower. None of the yarns I had handy looked good, so I may just make it the same color.

TIA, Patty

I started this last night and have one question about decreasing the stitches for the flap. You start out with 25 stitches, but there's no info on how many to decrease on each row. Unless my printer chopper chopped something off in the pattern. It routinely drops a line here or there when going to a new page, so it could've happened. It was fun and fast to crochet up though. I'm using up some weird drak bluish green yarn I had, though, so I have no idea what color to make the flower. None of the yarns I had handy looked good, so I may just make it the same color.

TIA, Patty

I'm pasting the complete instruction for the flap below. When I made it, I had made 23 Sc's across the back( I know the whole piece is 25 stitches across but I subtract 2 because I didn't put a Sc in the stitches I used to sew up the side seams) edited* Ok scratch that. I typed that wrong, it's 24 rows across, not 25 stitches across, I forgot for a second that the flap is actually stitched onto the "side" of the original piece. Geez I probably just confused everybody*

Row 1: So you attatch the yarn on the back with the front of the wallet facing you, and make 23 sc's evenly space across the edge( don't sc into the sc's at the side seams) ch1 and turn

Row's 2 and 3 you work evenly across in the pattern stitch without decreasing.

And for the rest of the rows where it calls for you to decrease, you decrease one sc on the beginning of the row and decrease one sc at the end of the row.

I hope this helps, the full flap instructions are below. Let me know if I can help more.

Flap:

Note: Work sc dec like this (insert hook into stitch and draw up a loop, insert hook into next stitch and draw up a loop, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook) after making a Sc Dec, continue with the next stitch the pattern stitch row you are working on calls for unless otherwise noted.

Row 1: With the front of the wallet facing you attach yarn to the back edge and make 23 sc evely spaced across the back, ch 1, turn.

Row 2: Work row 2 of pattern stitch.

Row 3: Work row 3 of pattern stitch.

Row 4: Work row 2 of pattern stitch with a sc dec on the first and last stitch of the row.

Row 5: Work row 3 of pattern stitch with a sc dec on the first and last stitch of the row.

Row 6: repeat row 4

Row 7: repeat row 5

Row 8 repeat row 4

Row 9: repeat row 5

Row 10: Work 1 sc dec, hdc in the next st, ch 5, skip 5 sc and hdc into the next st, 1 sc dec, ch 1, turn.

Row 11: work 1 sc dec, 5 sc in the ch 5 space, 1 sc dec in the next st., ch1 and turn.

Row 12: work 1 sc dec, sc in each of the next 3 st, 1 sc dec in the next st, fasten off.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my version of Sonny321's wallet {sorry it's a little fuzzy}. I made it for someone who doesn't like bright colors, so I used a blue/green heathery Plymouth Encore. I also shortened the flap just a little for her. Personally I like Sonny's version much better, because I like bright colors, but my friend was happy with this. Thanks for the fun pattern, Sonny! Patty PS Yikes! I hope this doesn't come in so large--it's 106 pixels wide or something really small like that. Sorry if someone had to resize it for me!

Tswallet.jpg

Archived