Hat, scarf and mitts set

marikamum

Hi all,

Here are pictures of the hat, scarf and fingerless mitts set I made for my holiday to the UK in April.

They are made in Panda Purla (80% Acrylic, 15% Alpaca, 5% Polyester) - basically I felt it in the shop, thought it was scrummy and bought some then tried to figure out what I could make with it :devil.

The hat is from the Reader's Digest "Big Book of Weekend Crochet" - the Creamy Cloche pattern, using G & I hooks. The scarf is just about 9 1/2 pattern repeats wide of the lace pattern in the hat, continued to about 60 inches (with a bounding row of sc (I think) at start and finish. The mitts are 7 1/2 pattern rows done to the length from my knuckles to just below my watchband (again with top and bottom bounding rows of sc), then folded and slipstitched together above and below a space left for my thumb. [one side has too large a thumbhole... I am not a big fingerless mitt person, but I though, hey I have some yarn left, why not :)...)

pics are clickable:

th_DSC03917.jpg

th_DSC03914.jpg

th_DSC03913.jpg

th_DSC03912.jpg

Cheers,

Marika

very very pretty :) lucky you to be getting a holiday!!

Thanks all :) The trip was nice (even survived travelling over 20 hours with my 4 1/2 and 2 year olds :eek) and nippy enough in Scotland to put these to good use.

Archived