Five Months Late, but what the heck...

Elle

This is a picture of the angel filet banner that I made for my friend last Christmas. I FINALLY got around to joining Flickr so that I could post some of my things in show and tell. I REALLY had fun making this one! I discovered that I LOVE filet!! Please excuse the stone wall. I know it's a little busy to have in the background, but I didn't think and I just looped the banner hanger over a protruding rock for a quickie photo before I gave the gift to my friend. I just wanted a quick snapshot to remember the project by. :)

angel

It's beautiful. I made the praying hands hanging for my mom. They are so nice to look at!

Thank you, crochetmom. :)

I am going to try my hand now at a tiger because my boss loves tigers, so I figured I would make him one for his office.

Very nice, where did you get the pattern? My mum grew up with the tradition that the angels brought the Christmas tree on Christmas eve, I think she'd love this...

Cheers,

Marika

Very nice, where did you get the pattern? My mum grew up with the tradition that the angels brought the Christmas tree on Christmas eve, I think she'd love this...

Cheers,

Marika

Thank you! :)

I bought the pattern on Ebay. It cost me a whole $.79, I think. The shipping was three times the price of the pattern! :lol I think the name of it is "Herald Angel", and it was originally in a magazine because I got the actual magazine page in the mail. If I can find it I'll post back and let you know which magazine it was in.

Thanks, everyone, for all the compliments! :c9

Birdlady. the piece is about 18 inches wide by about 22 inches long. By the time I was finished I found myself wishing it was bigger, I had that much fun making it! :)

That is beautiful, I'm glad you finally got it posted. I don't think Angels are just for Christmas, I have 3 different Angel pins on my purse flap. That was a beautiful gift for your friend.

~ Debby

Boy, you guys are sure good for the ego! :c9

I decided to start the Heavenly Hearts blanket last night with the gigantic skein of pink yarn that came with that great stash of yarn I won on Ebay. According to the instructions you need 2100 yards if you're using a H hook, I am using a F hook because it's fingering weight, not worsted, so I figure I will need slightly less. The skein is as long as my thigh and bigger around, so I think I'll make it. If I don't, there'll be a whole lot of frogging and cussing going on! :lol I did decide to change it a bit, though, instead of doing the cluster stitches, I'm doing it like a regular filet to help make sure I have enough yarn. I figured it would make a cute stroller blanket for a baby girl. I'll post pics if it turns out that I have enough yarb to complete it. :)

Euuuuuuuu - I LUV LUV LUV the stone wall + your filet angel - isn't filet keen!! Did you use #10 thread?? Good job!

Many thanks!! I love those stones, too! That's part of the lobby of the hotel I co-manage and live at. The dark spot to the right of the filet piece is the fireplace opening. It's just gorgeous when we have a fire lit!

I used vintage #10 Knit Cro-Sheen in Ecru. I couldn't find a date anywhere on the skein labels, but they were part of a lot that I bought that had thread in it that was from the early 1900s, so I'm guessing it was at least 50 years old since I don't ever remember seeing that type of label in the stores and I am 51. :)

It is just beautiful my hubby calls me his angel where did you get the pattern I love to do felt too great job:cheer

Thank you! I bought the pattern on Ebay, it was only $.79! The shipping was three times as much as the pattern was! :lol The pattern that was sent to me was an actual page torn (neatly) from a magazine. I have to find it at this point, but I will look for it and post back with which magazine it was in. The title of the piece was "Herald Angel". :)

I agree, Debby. angels are not just for Christmas. My best friend collects them, as does my mother in law and several other people I know. There are some gorgeous patterns out there for angels! I would like to try to make a couple of the free-standing angels. Next time I am at WalMart I will look at what little bit is left of the craft section and pick up a couple of tiny things that an angel could hold. I have gobs of yarn that could be used for hair, so at least I don't have to look for that. :)

Archived