cross stitch I have been doing instead of crochet

threadlover

This is what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks. I wanted to get it done for the baby shower for my new great grandson on the 10th. Now to see if I can get if framed before then. This is the first crossstitch I've done for about 6 years. I might have to do some more now. I have as much stuff for this as I do for crochet.

I hope this isn't to big. I don't like the new photobucket.

th_IMG_0358_1.jpg

clickable

It is done on a hand dyed 18 count aida from Silkweavers. That is another collection I have. I need to use it.

Marcia

WOW! I think it is great. I don't do crosstitch, but I do stitch plastic canvas and that is a lot of work. Beautiful. I am sure the parents will really appreciate the time and effort you put into the project.

This is what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks. I wanted to get it done for the baby shower for my new great grandson on the 10th. Now to see if I can get if framed before then. This is the first crossstitch I've done for about 6 years. I might have to do some more now. I have as much stuff for this as I do for crochet.

I hope this isn't to big. I don't like the new photobucket.

IMG_0358_1.jpg

It is done on a hand dyed 18 count aida from Silkweavers. That is another collection I have. I need to use it.

Marcia

You can resize in photobucket. Left click on your photo in the gallery and window comes up on the top of it and press resize.

Wow!! Very nice!! You did a wonderful job with that. I used to cross stitch also. I have not cross stitched since my oldes son was a baby (he is now 17 and getting ready to graduate :lol). I made a lot of burping cloths and dish towels. I also make plastic canvas items but have not done that in 4 or 5 years. Maybe it is time I pick up some of my old hobbies, would be a nice change. I have a nice stash of both cross stitch and plastic canvas stuff.

Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.:cheer:clap

Very cute, and a great job. I have not cross stitched since I stared crocheting. Now that makes wish I hadn't given away all my cross stitch supplies.

Forgot to say great job!!! I used to cross stitich and boy it takes a long time to make something that big!!!! Great job!!!!

I tiled my laundry room floor today....not as fun as cross stitch!! But done in a few hours!!

So sweet - you did a beautiful job on that! Now see, if I made this, the backside would be a tangled mess. Hehehe :lol

what a lovely job! i have a lot of cross stitch mags and patterns but barely any threads and fabric so never really made much. can sure appreciate all the work you've put into that one though. how nice to have a great grandson too (as a mum of a little girl who just lost her last great-great grandparent I know how special it is to grow up with great grandies. I was sad to lose my pop in March but know I was so much luckier to have him at all)

Thanks everyone for the compliments. For quite a few years I did nothing but non stop x stitch. I have alot of them rolled up in a drawer and also quit a few framed hanging around the house. I just got tired of it and all I 've done for a long time is crochet. It is so much more portable and less stressful. However after finishing this I may just have to start something else.

I did resize this in my photobucket account, but I don't why it still looks so big.

I'm going to finish a doily I started a month ago now that I'm done with baby things for awhile.

Marcia

Archived