Sign in to follow this  
bluejay

Thread Teddy

Hi i have just made my first bear using punch thread. I've named her "Rosie" I have to learn how to make the eye sockets yet and to be able to get the joints to sit right, but any feedback would be appreciated.tmpphpnZn09U.jpg

Jane

It looksn great :)

tmpphpnZn09U.jpg

awwww so cute..

Rosie is precious!!!

Soooo cute! You did a great job! :clap

lol that face is so cute :D

sweet teddy

Hi Jane,

i love Rosie.. where did you source the pattern, or is it one of your own? i have been searching for a pattern just like it

My aunty taught me how to make jointed bears, out of material.. so here are some tips

EYE SOCKETS - when sewing the eyes in.. bring the thread down through the head to the base of the head/neck at the back and do a stitch then tie off and tuck through the teddy.. the tighter you pull it the deeper the eyes will indent.

OR add a couple of extra stitches then decrease at the same point in the next row/round.. this will give you a slight indent, and less tension needed

JOINTS - if you are using the split pin and washers joints lay your limbs flat and mark the same point on each arm and leg as your joint spot.. and same on the body.. so that they match up.. and use those markings as your joint holes..

hope this helps

cheers

Dee

Great job! love t he look of the eyebrows!Makes the whole face!

I love it, so cute

Demet

What a cutie! Now a dumb question....what is punch thread and where can I get it in town? I won't deal with paypal because they put my online bank account in the hole over $2000 because a hacker got ahold of my account:eek

Your bear is adorable! :cheer

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :cheer punch thread is a very fine acrylic yarn it may be equivalent to a 1ply but i'm not sure ! I used the pattern that i bought from " Edith Molina of ludys bears " called Berty but i do have to say rosie looks nothing like ediths berty lol.:thinkI am working on my next one now so i will post him as soon as he or she is finished.:hook

Teddy hugs Jane.

looks good! try pinning the joints where you would sew them, then stand back and take a look. it will offer a different perspective to when you're holding it in your hand and sewing one at a time.