Old lady coming in ....

HistoryGeek

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that christening gown is the most beautiful one I have ever seen. I bet it made it a very special day.

Old, old, I'm 49 soon to be 50, and I'm going into hiding. Why does everyone around me remember that fact, only this morning a friend said - Oh the bit 5 0 for you soon isn't it.

Could she have said it any louder. I'm going to enjoy every last bit of being 49.

I know what you mean about the granddaughter, mine eldest is 6 this august and just started school, so grown up - but one good thing - they will never be too old for cuddles off their grandma's.

Jan

Welcome from another "new neighbor" (living in S. FL). And I'm glad you clarified the "old" thing because I'm 55 and not ready for "old" any time soon!

I too want to rave about your gorgeous gown, makes me feel so jealous (in a good way...) because I don't know if I'll ever be able to understand patterns well enough to do complicated but beautiful things like that. :cry

Welcome Kat - That is one gorgeous gown!! I'm also looking forward to seeing more of your talent.

I never understood the woman's side of abuse until I read "The Burning Bed" many years ago, and I always recommend it to anyone who still doesn't get it. Thank goodness you are sharing a better life now.

Hi Kat and welcome from Louisiana!

The gown you made is absolutely Stunning!!! I am sure your sister is very proud of it.. a heirloom forever!!!

Your age... you are still young..because if you are old..I guess I would have to join you and right now I refuse to be old. ;)

Hello, and welcome to the 'ville. You are so brave to try to bring abusive relationships out into the open. Sometimes, one just wants to hide them away. Thanks for caring. Well, join us for lots of fun and project ideas. Have a wonderful day.

Hi, Kat, and :welcome from Michigan. The gown is amazing. I can't imagine the work that went into it. I'm working on the Irish Lace Christening Gown from Annie Potter, and there are quite a few mistakes in the pattern, it's frustrating!!! It's like writing my own pattern, and I'm not good at that! What pattern did you use for the gown?

Archived