Old lady coming in ....

HistoryGeek

Hello, I'm Kat ~waits for the Hi Kat response~

I've been a crochet addict for the past 37 years, my Mom taught me when I was 12. I live in Alabama in a very small town and I'm a major major ancient history geek. I'm also a genealogy and cemetery geek.

My hubby, who is an excellent knot detangler btw, and I have been ecstatically married for 10 years now, my first marriage was abusive which I'm fairly open about to help drag spousal abuse out of the shadows. You're welcome to read about it here: http://www.katherinereece.com/abuse.html As a result of the shooting I have five sources of chronic pelvic pain ... so I spend a LOT of time crocheting!

I have one beautiful intelligent funny sassy granddaughter, Anna, now age 5 ~sobs~ she's getting bigger every day and Grandma is having trouble with it! I also have five grandchildren through my step-daughter who I don't get to see enough as they live in another state.

I have a MAJOR pet peeve :yay when people see my work and ask .. oh ... did you knit that?? ARGH!!!! Even people who know I crochet will say knit. Oh it drives me batty!

The most difficult project I ever made was a baptism gown for my sister's baby. My sister tried to get pregnant for 18 years so when she called me and screamed that she was pregnant I knew I had to make something special for her baby. I made her blankets and other stuff as well but I wanted something truly special for the baby Karen had waited on for so long.

dress.jpg

I'm currently working on a couple of large dolls for two of my nieces and clothes for my granddaughter. I usually keep several different projects going at the same time.

Kat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome to the ville from colorado. the dress is just beautiful. so sorry you went threw so much. sounds like you found a great guy. so glad you came threw. god bless you.

:cheer Welcome Kat! You are one strong, talented, and lucky woman. Strong to have come out on top and to put your life in front front of everyone so you can help other women. Talented because that is one beautiful baptism gown and I'm looking forward to seeing other items from you in the future. Lucky because your husband looks and sounds like a wonderful man and your family is beautiful. Their love makes you a very lucky, special person!

~ Debby

The old business is a bit of a family joke ... when my son and I are out shopping or something I'm often mistaken for his wife or gf .... it drives him crazy but makes me feel great!!!

I also don't mind getting older *at all* after all .. there is only ONE alternative to getting older!

Thanks for all the great comments about the baptism gown, Cassidy was beautiful in it. Karen recently gave it back to me so I could enter it in the state fair come fall.

Welcome! That is indeed a special dress. Hope you like it here. Your C'ville name is nifty. And I'll bet no one here will accuse your crocheting or being knitting. Glad you're here.

That is one of the prettiest christening gowns I have ever seen. I'm not kidding. Just incredibly beautiful work.

Let's see, tho: 37+12=49. I wouldn't call you an "old lady"! At 49? Then I must be ready for the nursing home! And I'm not, btw! (I'm 57 this year.)

Archived