Shopping/Market Bag CAL

Debbi-a1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is highly popular on Ravelry, there is even a group fro it called haekelbeutel cal. You can find the German version here and the English version here. There is a blog here as well. There is also a flickr section that is devoted to these bags.

Cora

This bag is now a CAL here at Crochetville too.

Haekelbeutel (Crochet Bag) CAL, Anyone???

I'm doing one. I'm doing it in cotton. My squares are going to be big so this will be a big bag. I'm positive I'm going to line it to use it for other things since I have a lot of shopping bags now. So this Haekelbeutel bag will probably not a shopping bag. But I'll see how it will work for a shopping bag once I'm done since it's in Cotton and let every one know here. I have the starting of the squares on my blog.

Debbi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't made one of these for a while. Of course I've been using mine for other things:blush, but I would like to make some more. I do think they would make great Christmas gift bags instead of the paper bags. Plus I could use my extra yarn, so I'd save some money:clap. I just wish there were more patterns. I know I could use the purse or bag patterns, but some of those aer too thick for a shopping bag in general. Maybe I'll experiement with other stitches, I did get the 365 Crochet Stitches a Year Calendar and there are some that would work....

Debbi

• 1 month later...

I thought a granny square bag that was a CAL would make a great shopping bag. Mine ended up small, only 11 1/2 x 11 1/2. I also made the mistake of using a different verigated on the edging, which I'm debating on keeping or not.

It's on my blog here

http://debbia1.blogspot.com/2008/11/granny-bag.html

Along with the link to the pattern.

So that might be an idea. Maybe make it larger then 11 1/2 x 11 1/2?

Debbi

• 2 months later...

I've made this bag for myself & for a few groups in my area that were doing a fundraiser (library, PTA, animal shelter...) I made a couple for family member for presents too. I think they're a great thing to give & use.

Archived