Hooked On Murder: Crochet Mystery book

Cinnaminn

I pooped into one of my local libraries yesterday and checked their computer to see if it was in and sure enough, they had it. It was under the new paperback shelf and good for a loan of 28 days (the usual for books there) so I checked it out and this weekend will start to read it.

LI Roe

• 3 weeks later...

I am enjoying the book,but I can't help but think that the Tarzana Hookers need a granny square rescue from Crochetville! I have to keep reminding myself it's just a book these ladies do not exist! Though the author is a crocheter wonder if she knows about the Ville? :scrachin

I finished the book and I really enjoyed the read. I can't wait until the next book at the end of the year. Just as soon a possible I want to know what everyone thought of the book and the people in the book. It is nice after so many knitting mystries to read a crochet mystery. I am happy to see that author is following others and posting a pattern and recipe. I think maybe this weekend I will buy yarn for the granny square and maybe the cake and frosting. We shall see what comes first the granny square I am sure. I love cozy mystries.

I thought this was a really good book too. I liked the part where Adele tells Molly & Dinah that the yarn habit is a common side effect of crocheting!!

Hehehe, I KNEW I was normal!! :clap

I can't wait for book two to come out in Dec :)

I just finished it today too and enjoyed it also. I especially liked the parts where they had to keep telling people, it's crocheting, not knitting. See, it happens in books too. LOL.

LI Roe

I finished last week and LOVED it! I can't wait 'til the next book. A lot of times I don't want to stop working on something and read, but with this book, I could at least be reading about crochet. Adele cracked me up!

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed this book and have already passed it on to my mom who also crochets and loves to read. It was a good, quick summer read. I've already put the next in the series on my Amazon wish list:)

I read Hooked on Murder also and enjoyed it. Since you enjoy reading, while you are waiting for her next book to come out, I hope you will give my book a try. It is called, Dying To Crochet. It is a crochet cozy murder mystery book that includes 10 original designs and 2 additional stitch patterns. You can order it from amazon.com and if you would like to see the patterns that are included you can see them here: http://www.publishedauthors.net/bendy/

Bendy Carter

I just ordered this and Bendy's book from borders. My kids were kind enough to donate their gift cards, as I had not bought a brand new book for myself in years. Now I get to have 2!!! I can't wait!

I just went to Barnes and Nobles yesterday....I wished I had read this thread before I went. I bought the Hooked on Murder book, plus 3 of the knitting mystery books by Maggie Sefton....I would have bought Bendy Carter's book too if I had known...next trip!

I just went to Barnes and Nobles yesterday....I wished I had read this thread before I went. I bought the Hooked on Murder book, plus 3 of the knitting mystery books by Maggie Sefton....I would have bought Bendy Carter's book too if I had known...next trip!

Oh I didn't look for this book, but mine didn't have Bendy's. They ordered it for me and had it shipped (free) to my house! I've started Bendy's. I will look for this one next time I'm there.

Debbi

• 3 years later...

Archived