Hooked On Murder: Crochet Mystery book

Cinnaminn

I just ordered this book at Deep Discount.com for $6.29 with free shipping (5-10 day standard delivery). It's my 1st order at that site but if all goes well with it, it may not be my last one. *LOL*

And just in case anyone else is interested in ordering the book, here's the URL for the site I used:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.htm

Here's a link to the author's web site if anyone wants more info about the book/author:

http://www.bettyhechtman.com/

The book is the 1st in a new series and is supposed to include a recipe & pattern for a Granny Square Washcloth according to the author's web site. :hook

ThUD for the above links!

HTH! :crocheting

I just ordered mine!!! Thanks for the link that was a great buy with no shipping!!! Can't wait to get it and start reading!!!

YW! :) I know that I did some looking around and that site seemed to be the best one/deal for the book. I also found the book for sale on eBay for just a little over $4 but the seller wants $6.99 s/h so that wouldn't be such a good deal for the book. :lol

• 3 weeks later...

I finally decided to order it from amazon since there were a couple other books that I wanted and wanted to get the free shipping, lol!

Has anyone read it? Is it good?

PLEASE put a warning at the begining of your post if it contains spoilers!!!!

I don't want to know any details, just wondering what you thought of it over all ;) Just warn me please.

Did anyone read the review on Betty Hechtman's website? It said in the book, the character was crocheting an afghan and left her needles behind! lol

haha I read the book and she did an awsome job keeping with the crochet lingo:D

I thought the book was good, My husband bought it for me for mother's day and i've already finished it. It's a short read, but keeps your attention.

I read it and it was worth reading, but I thought it was slow in spots. It read like a first novel, but I hope she continues to write them, because I can just see them getting tighter and more interesting. I'm definitely in favor of crochet mysteries!

I ordered it from my library. Waiting for my turn to read it.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

:manyheart

bought mine a couple of weeks ago and started it recently. I am nearly 2/3 way through. Pretty good for a first outing. Bought my copy at Books-A-Million.

I just loved it! :c9

It's a light read, and I read all 273 pages in a day. I had never read a mystery before, so it was a new experience for me.

I'm really looking forward to the next one.

So, if you need an easy read for the summer I recommend it!

I have the book and I am reading. I like the book but reading slowly. only on page 40. Long weekend coming up our office is closed on Monday so I will spend most of the weekend reading.

I got this book over the weekend. I stayed up past midnight to finish it! I can't wait for the next one. I really think that she did a good job in keeping it crochet correct. I especially loved the knitting/crocheting argument!

I am still reading very slowly. I think she is really sticking to the crochet theme. I am enjoying the book. I read a few pages each night before I go to bed. I hope she writes another crochet mystery.

Bought mine tonight at Border's only $6.99 I'm afraid to start it tonight cause it sounds like a book that I will have a hard time putting down! :lol Also told the lovely Border's person about the Ville cause she is a crocheter as well and had not heard about it yet! :eek Say it isn't so but now she knows she repeated the website twice so I think she just might be joining us all really soon! :clap

Archived