Excuses, Denial, Rationalization, Justification, Obsession...

:rofl:roflWow!:applause You have clearly taken this to EXPERT :graduatelevel! I humbly thank you:hug for imparting your wisdom to the rest of us! Very funny post!:lol

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal~I love it!! I showed my son the pictures. On the last one he said "that lady made a mess in her closet" From a four year old! I found it really funny that he knew it was a lady. :lol

th_HPIM0574.jpgIn the garage...every tote is stuffed:D

th_HPIM0575.jpga cabinet in my laundry room;)

th_HPIM0576.jpgtop of the laundry room cabinet:P

th_HPIM0577.jpgtop shelf of my closet:lol

th_HPIM0578.jpgMore shelves in my closet...one bin couldn't fit in the picture:lol:lol

It's such fun playing with it all...:hook

Forgot to take another pic: half of my end table is stacked with crcohet thread!

Ha--got a kick out of this! My stash has been confined to my closet, but DH and I moved into a house last fall with a huge master closet (for the lady of the house of course!) and I have five huge bins and several boxes taking up space in there!

• 3 years later...

Truly outstanding. And here I thought I was doing well with just one little plastic dresser. DH has said I need to use up what I have before I buy more, because space is at a premium in our 2 room apt. Little does he know that I have just created a honey do project for him that will quadruple my yarn storage. (he thinks its for food preps.....hahah)

Very funny!!! Yarn is integrated into the knooks and crannies of our home too. If only we didn't have so much other stuff so I could fit more yarn. I really think I need to declutter!

Oh tis a delightful post, to say the least! However, might I add a suggestion.. I also organize "your Way" in which to say, i find places all over, a couple empty dressers, a taller vcr cabinet, tucked in nooks and cranny's, bins, baskets, boxes, and drawers. But there is a method to my madness. What I found lacking at least not photoed in your post, was the inventory sheets! My gosh girl, where are the inventory sheets that hang near or upon every living space you have fiber???? That way, you know at a glance, what's there! I coudln't live without my cheat sheets!!!!!!!! Im almost certain this was an oversite, or you ran out of battery on the camera, or or or????????? Tell me it ain't so!

Outstanding Krystal! One of the best posts on stash I have ever read.

Lots of outstanding ideas. My stash is small and I turn it around one a month or so. I think I will be laughing until I go to bed tonight just thinking

about your post.:cheer

Oh, I am so glad that I share the "stash addiction". I downsized from a 4 bedroom house to one with 1-1/2 bedrooms a few years ago. The only thing I didn't pare out was my yarn stash.........and I've found that it's still growing! Beautiful commentary! Hopefully there will be an update soon. Just delightful!

ROFL, this has to be the best definition of Integration and money/time saving ideas ever.

My stash is kept in tubs in the garage, which is horrid especially in dead of winter or heat of summer. And if it rains, my garage is like the movie "a river runs through it", literally. If I had only read this sooner, I wouldn't have worked so hard to cut my stash back from 11 tubs to 3 just because I didn't like making the trips out there. I do use my love seat as a storage area, now I can tell Harvey I am protecting the material from the sun that beats through the picture window, :lol.

Thank you so much for sharing with us :manyheart

You know Carol, I've actually been thinking about putting bins in one of my bow windows because it's huge and isn't really used for anything because the sun beats in. It's on the south side and there's nothing I can do with it. I have a huge, almost alcove-like area in 2 rooms, 1 with 2 windows, and 1 with 4 windows. Now you ladies have got me thinking!

Last year my estranged husband pushed me to put all my yarn in transparent bins. I have 50 something bins and he asked me why I would want to go to all the work of rummaging and keeping lists when I could just see all that prettiness. This time he was right! I wasn't that crazy about it at first, because (I know this sounds odd) I almost felt like I would if I was putting my underwear on display. I just felt uncomfortable. Now I've grown used to it and I do like it.

When people see my yarn stash they are so surprised, and love looking at it, and I don't have anyone touching it. So I think I could move a lot of bins into those window areas and have quite a display, plus put all that unused space to good use. I have blinds in one window area and shades in the other, but I could always run some fabric across the back side of the bins, toward the windows, for more sun protection. No matter what, all the yarn could be seen from each room, and would certainly free up a lot of other space for me!

Oh my goodness.....this whole thread has given me the ....hiccups.... from laughing!!!! What was that poem.... "how do I love the.....in buckets, totes, baskets, drawers, shelves, windows, armoires and under the chair".......

(....snort, hiccup, snort, laughing...)

Thank you for this!!! You totally make me look sane :laughroll even though I know I'm definitely obsessed with yarn my stash looks pitiful in comparrison to yours! :ty for this post!

Haley

Archived