Excuses, Denial, Rationalization, Justification, Obsession...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank y'all, ladies. :bow

Judy - the only problem is, I can only write when the mood moves me. And it doesn't happen with any predictability. The Muse is fickle.

The Muse is, indeed, fickle...as I have learned:blush

I can only aspire to owning so much yarn. :lol I'm lucky to have half a dozen skeins at the moment of which 3 are for wash clothes for family and the other 3 are odd balls (the joys of having no $$).

Thanks for the tips though!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Krystal....the Yarn Harlot has nothing on you! If I get a couple of space bags, then I should be able to get all of my yarn in at least 1 if they hold 60,000.......then I can go buy more yarn and finish spinning all the wool I have! Handspinners have extra stash problem as we are not only addicted to using yarn, but making the stuff as well!!!!! :eek:eek:eek

KRYSTAL!!!

I SOOOOO needed to :lol:lol:lol today- and you made me do just that!!!:cheer

Your insights and comedic twist on our obsession with yarn were so witty and true!!!

Keep us smiling and hope you have many more yarn tales to tell!!!!:yay

I love this post!

First, I'm jealous of your yarn collection!! I wish I had that much!!

Secondly, your captions for the pictures had me in stitches with giggles! :)

Thanks for sharing :)

:sofunny:rofl Krystal, you're like "The Yarn Whisperer"

All this time I've been thinking about my stash as an ever-growing monster, like "The Blob", threatening to overwhelm my house. Now I see the light. It is something to be loved, respected, nurtured and allowed, nay, encouraged, to take over the house. I am glad you have put me on the right path.

• 1 month later...

I think my stash is 1/8th the size of yours. Good storage ideas though...and I loved the commentary!

:laughroll:laughroll:laughrollOMG I am in awe, I knew there was a reason I got rid of all those shoes not long ago, hmmm and methinks some clothes need to go too. If only I had the $$ I'd never stop buying yarn. You are my yarn role model for sure.

stash10.jpg

The basket: This basket has five layers of UFOs. I consider it like a Time Capsule. As I finish one WIP, I get to the next and have fond memories of easier days (the ones with fewer UFOs, that is). This has a result much like therapy, leaving me calm and relaxed. This basket saves me a lot of money every year in mental health medical claims.

[

Love the color scheme and design of the afghan that is on top. Is that a free pattern and if so, do you remember where it was found or the name of it?

Actually, that's my own design. I have to finish the border design up and then I was going to try to market it to some publishers. If not, I think I'll try selling it on my own.

Thanks for the mental boost, I have to get that border done!

Actually, that's my own design. I have to finish the border design up and then I was going to try to market it to some publishers. If not, I think I'll try selling it on my own.

Thanks for the mental boost, I have to get that border done!

Well.. get busy Gal!! :P:D

ROFL! Oh Krystal you are so priceless!

But you gave me a good idea! Since I can't crochet I can organize where every thing goes! That will make me feel better!:clap

*runs off to reorganize her yarn stashes*

Sore

Krystal, I am truly humbled in your organizing prescence. LOL.....That was great. You have inspired me. My yarn is growing out of my spare room closet. Its like a monster that keeps growing. But alas, :( I promised my hubby ,no more yarn for the rest of the year, so I'm just going to get what I have organized. And you are my role model.....lol...great post Krystal. :hook

WOW! I am impressed! :nworthy

I have to admit....I hadn't checked out this thread before. :embar But, I'm sure glad I did. My husband's sitting right here next to me, so I had to show it to him! Now, he can't say anything about "MY" stash. It pales in comparison...but I'll work on it! :wink

I am glad to help out those of you with less-than-understanding families. I am blessed with a very doting DH who says nothing about my yarn... EVER. If he did, I'd have to point out the mass of truck parts and tools he has accumulated over the 17 years I have known him. :lol

I am glad to help out those of you with less-than-understanding families. I am blessed with a very doting DH who says nothing about my yarn... EVER. If he did, I'd have to point out the mass of truck parts and tools he has accumulated over the 17 years I have known him. :lol

Let's face it....yarn is not that expensive! I can get out of Joanns much cheaper than he can get out of Home Depot! :yes

:laughroll Your stash reminds me of my Grandma's. She swears that she put two skiens in her basement 40 years ago & they must have mated, creating the sea of yarn that is all that remains of her basement. And closet. And other closet. And cabinet Grandpa doesn't know about. And all the spill over that ends up in my closet for my DH to complain about. Most of which is baby yarn, btw. And no, I don't have any kids. Can you say "hint"?

Archived