Excuses, Denial, Rationalization, Justification, Obsession...

:clap:cheerI knew that stash was actually art work that is to be placed in plain sight! It gives poeple something to ask you when they come over as to what are you making ? oh Love that color!Besides when placed by the Tv it helps keep the dust from the electronics!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent post, pictures and tips Krystal.

I have yarn in every room and closet except for the kitchen, bathrooms and Hilly's room.

I will be moving in a few weeks and I am going to get Hilly's tall bookshelf, so I will have a new place to display my yarn :clap:clap

I have 12 totes full, a few big boxes full, my yarn/linen closet full (I can actually still call it a linen closet since there are a few towels in there), toy box converted to coffee table/yarn storage full. I also have bags of yarn stashed here and there waiting for their placement in some type of storage container.

Once I get moved, I will be going through ALL of my yarn and getting it better organized. I believe I will be shocked to actually see how much i have. Since I have started packing, I have found yarn that I have no idea when I bought it :lol

Wish me luck ladies...I think I'm gonna need it :yes

What nothing under the bed? I have my bed up on those riser things just so I have extra storage under there.:lol Right now two large bags of yarn my wools and my sock yarn. Krystal I think you are the Crochetville YarnHarlot. She of course is for knitters so you can be our crochet one okay?:cheer:lol:hook

:rofl :rofl

That is great Krystal! I just have 2 huge stacks of big totes. One in here by my computer and another in the guest room. (That's where I hide most of my stash from DH ) :lol

Excellent post, pictures and tips Krystal.

I have yarn in every room and closet except for the kitchen, bathrooms and Hilly's room.

I will be moving in a few weeks and I am going to get Hilly's tall bookshelf, so I will have a new place to display my yarn :clap:clap

I have 12 totes full, a few big boxes full, my yarn/linen closet full (I can actually still call it a linen closet since there are a few towels in there), toy box converted to coffee table/yarn storage full. I also have bags of yarn stashed here and there waiting for their placement in some type of storage container.

Once I get moved, I will be going through ALL of my yarn and getting it better organized. I believe I will be shocked to actually see how much i have. Since I have started packing, I have found yarn that I have no idea when I bought it :lol

Wish me luck ladies...I think I'm gonna need it :yes

Good Luck! Nothing like moving to get your stash organized!

This is the best! Thanks for the laugh. :rofl:rofl:rofl

I must go retrieve my various totes and try to better display them!

Thought I only had about 3 large totes full and then discovered that I actually have about 6. These are stashed away in my "skeleton" unfinished masterbathroom.

Um...motivates me :lol

:cheerI love you stash ideas. must get some of those space bags . your post is one of the best i've read, thanks for the laugh.:lol now to go get those bags so i can buy more yarn.:yay:devil bert

OMG !!! That is great !!! Yarn and such are a very special breed of their own.

And, by the way Krystal you should consider writing stories. You sure have a funny way with words. Thanks.

Trish

The educational quality of this presentation is so high that I'm considering putting down the 10 minutes I spent reading this as Continuing Education Credits for my next license renewal!!:D

Just amazing!

Colleen

OMG !!! That is great !!! Yarn and such are a very special breed of their own.

And, by the way Krystal you should consider writing stories. You sure have a funny way with words. Thanks.

Trish

I TOLD her that a long time ago!!!:D

Are you listening, my friend??

OH MY GOODNESS! I've always been clever at adapting lots of stuff to not so much space but I must say, you've got a few ideas I've not thought of yet.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the decor one - and yes, those colors are all the rage now! So go you fashion bug, you!

I cannot wait to show DH this post!!!! Thank you!

:2rock:2rock:2rock

Really entertaining post, Krystal... loved the pictures and comments.

I have a cedar chest in my L/R that I need to empty out and use as storage for more yarn. The clear storage boxes I have my stash in are stacked halfway to the ceiling now. And the one shelf in the closet for the scrap yarn is full... no more room. I really do need to incorporate some of your ideas, which would necessitate buying more yarn!

Seriously, I don't have nearly the yarn stash that you do... mine is pretty small compared to most. But considering that I am OLD... I really think I might not get around to using it up if it got much bigger.

:blink (<--- that was me when I saw your closet :lol )

That was a heck of a lot of yarn. But the way you described all that yarn, well everyone should have such a large stash then!

Thanks for the laugh.

Archived