........and another addict (from OZ)

janjan

Hello everybody, just what I needed yet another craft forum to join :cheer.

I'm janjan and I live in the Far North of Queensland, Australia. I'm just getting back into crafting after a long time away from it. I've been able to crochet since I was 12 and have lost count of all the projects I have done over the many years since then. I have three grown up sons and two little grandaughters, I was widowed 16 months ago and recently had a surprise heart attack and emergency open heart surgery. I have had to give up my work as a carer for the elderly and I am climbing the walls with boredom. I started looking for quick and easy projects to do and by way of a link got through to here. Yesterday I crocheted a poncho for a friends niece and today I decided to use up all my odd balls of yarn to make granny squares. 1 square down and hundreds to go. If I can get myself out of here I might be able to get a couple more done today.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

janjan

Oh heck, I knew it was a bad thing to sign up here - just checked out all the threads, I'm gonna be here forever. It looks absolutely wonderful. I've never seen so many people using any forum at once. I think it will be takeout for dinner tonight and the washing can go in the dryer and the dog will have to walk her selg, now if I could find a way of typing, reading an crocheting at the same time i'd do it.

Hi JanJan from West Aus! You sure sound busy!! You'll learn to juggle the Crochetville with the book, cuppa, crochet and housework. Well, maybe omit the housework!!! Nice to have you on board (hehe, I just noticed what a pathtic unintended pun that was). See you around the forums, stay in good health. Sounds like you've had all you need for a LOOONG time :hug

Oh Heck, there was an email to say I had a PM, so of course I had to come look, I'm going out in half an hour, I haven't had my shower yet (though the house is tidy) and where am I - here. Somebody drag me away. I crocheted another poncho last night and now my fingers are itching to get my stash down before I buy any more yarn.

Sorry got to go but I'll be back.

Higs to everyone

Jan

Oh heck, I knew it was a bad thing to sign up here - just checked out all the threads, I'm gonna be here forever. It looks absolutely wonderful. I've never seen so many people using any forum at once. I think it will be takeout for dinner tonight and the washing can go in the dryer and the dog will have to walk her selg, now if I could find a way of typing, reading an crocheting at the same time i'd do it.

I budget my time here. I limit myself to only looking at "new" threads in a few forums until later at night when my eyes are not as good to crochet. Then I crochet memorised patterns with my book on a book stand. turning pages as necessary. I also crochet and watch tv, and play video games..well some video games. The best advice i can give you is budget your time. Also it is important to take regular bathroom breaks some posts can make you laugh way too hard and that could mean a catastrophe with a full bladder.:eek

Ah, yes, this site is addictive, so welcome from us addicts. I have never found a bunch that was nicer, more supportive and interesting than here. Good People! Oh, and, since my husband and I are retired military full-time rv'ers, it is welcome from where ever we are at the time. Right now we are near Montgomery, Alabama. I did not know this state was so lovely, and the weather is great.

Archived