EdgeryDoo and EdgeryDoo2(squared)

MarleenCrochets

While trying to make a blanket for Project Linus, I was following the instructions on the pattern that I had purchased and began making holes in fleece with an ice pick to crochet into. My DH walked in and said "what are you doing?" and the EdgeryDoo was born.

The EdgeryDoo is a triangular template that helps you to square, trim and pierce fabric to receive a crochet or blanket stitch edging. The reason that we use the word "pierce" is because the process does not remove fibers when making the space to crochet in, thus insuring the fabric integrity.

Here is a photo of how it works:

PiercingFabric600x450.jpg

A few months later I asked for another template. I decided that it might be fun to make fleece granny squares and crochet them together into all sorts of things. So, back to the drawing board went my DH and he came out with EdgeryDoo2(squared).

Here is a photo of how the squares work:

P13600x450.jpg

Please take a look at our website at www.edgerydoo.com There are patterns that some of our wonderful Customers have provided, there are two pages of Customer Show N Tell and there is a photo gallery of items that I have made.

If you have any questions at all please contact me at edgerydoo@bellsouth.net. We would also like to hear your suggestions. One suggestion that has been given is that some of you would like to have the holes closer together and closer to the edge for finer (thinner) fabrics. We are working on one right now and will let you know when it is available.

I Can EdgeryDoo ..... Can You???????

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize we had the creator of this on our site! So many people talk about this product that I finally looked it up today- what a great idea! This has been added to my Christmas list...

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the wonderful remarks. I get so surprised and excited everytime I get a new pattern from one of our EdgeryDoo Ladies. The wonderful things that they are making are just so creative. I try to put them all onto the Show N Tell Pages and the Pattern page so that everyone can enjoy them.

• 5 months later...

Not sure what it is called, but I got the new Thread EdgeryDoo and love it, here are a couple of blankets I made for the babies at the hospital with crochet thread and the Thread EdgeryDoo Thanks Marleen for all your help and a great product!!! I think I have all the EdgeryDoos now:cheer

th_brownedging.jpgDouble crochets with picots

th_pinkedging.jpgShells

I love my EdgeryDoo. I have the rectangle and the 8". I have used both to make blankets for New Borns In Need and Project Linus. I am also making blankets with pillows to match out of fleece for christmas presents for my nieces and nephews.

Thanks Marleen for coming up with this product.

Archived