Katchkan's Ramblin Roses Shawl

catheryn

Catheryn, it looks just PERFECT to me! You did a wonderful job! Your mother is going to love it, and I know that your daughter will love the one you're going to make for her wedding as well! :clap

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! If this is what you can do when you're *not* feeling well I'd love to see what you can do when you're feeling good!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Catherine you wrote - My brain just was not able to wrap itself around anything very complicated right now -

Are you kidding me!!!! That shawl is very complicated and you did a fantastic job. Don't sell yourself short

All your work is, as I say, beyond beautiful. . . .

I will send you a pic of the shawl I am working on and then you can compare the words not complicated once you see mine!!!! :lol

Catherine you wrote - My brain just was not able to wrap itself around anything very complicated right now -

Are you kidding me!!!! That shawl is very complicated and you did a fantastic job. Don't sell yourself short

All your work is, as I say, beyond beautiful. . . .

I will send you a pic of the shawl I am working on and then you can compare the words not complicated once you see mine!!!! :lol

You turkey!!!:lol

I am being completely serious.....either the MS or the multiple bottles of Lady Clairol blonde are playing havoc with my ability to concentrate right now. :hook Kathy's original pattern has some beautiful details in it....but to be able to put those in correctly, you work the pattern from left to right or right to left. I just could not do it. So I worked the pattern from top to bottom....that way I could work shorter rows and maintain my place without getting lost. It still turned out nicely, and thank goodness Kathy's patterns are so well written that I could work it this way and still have a beautiful shawl without doing too much harm to the integrity of her work.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful Mother's Day gift for your mom and such a beautiful heirloom for you daughter to have on her wedding day. I so admire anyone who works in thread, I can't handle those hooks. Well done!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hi Catheryn,

Just wondering where you found that pattern? I've checked Kathy's home page and her etsy store. It wasn't there. I'd love to make it for a wedding. (I don't have anyone to make it for right now but surely one of my boys will convince someone to marry them someday!) :laughroll

Happy crocheting,

That is the most gorgeous shawl I've seen in a long time. I would love to have the pattern. You say you "bought this pattern from Kathy," and I would love to do the same. But when I google it, all I get is this thread. Please please please tell me where I can find this wonderful pattern. Thanks much.

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments......

The shawl is designed by Katchkan here at Crochetville...I just hope I haven't opened up a huge can of worms for her!!

Archived