Candle cozies( pattern added on post #25)

Sonny321

What a great idea! Very nice job. I hate the way store bought candles look, these would really dress them up!

I need those! Seriously, please, I need those. Wouldn't those be pretty to decorate a table for a wedding. We are having my daughters here at home in July.

How cute are those......and I bet they'll look lovely with candlelight filtering through too!! I would be very interested in the pattern. Nice Job!!!

Oh wow! Those are great! I would also love to see the pattern! I agree that they would look lovely on the tables at a wedding....hmmm...if I start making them now, I will probably be finished in time for a wedding in 10 years......perfect!

excellent gift idea - something to make a few extra and have on hand for quick-needed presents! I'd love to try the pattern too . :D

I think those are great. I'm on a total candle kick right now. We're coming into winter here and it's my ghetto version of having a fireplace in the house like back home. :D

Nice job!

Bec

Here are the instructions:

Candle cozies

Materials needed:

an H hook

Small amounts of worsted weight yarn

small amount of worsted weight yarn in a contrasting color

Note: beginning chain 2 counts as 1st hdc, beginning chain 3 counts as 1st dc

Chain 3 and slip stitch to join

Round 1: chain 2, 9 hdc in the ring (10 hdc) Join with slip stitch to top of beginning chain, chain 1

Round 2: 2 sc in the same stitch as joining, 2 sc in each of the remaining stitches around, join with slip stitch to back loop of top of beginning chain, chain 2

Round 3: (back loops only this round)1 hdc in same stitch as chain 2, 1 hdc in the next stitch, *2 hdc in the next stitch, 1 hdc in the next stitch, repeat from * to end, join with slip stitch.

Round 4: chain 5, 1 dc in same stitch as chain 5, skip 2 stitches,* Work ( 1 dc,chain 2,1 dc) in the next stitch, skip 2 stitches, repeat from * to end, join with slip stitch to 3rd chain of beginning chain 5.

Rounds 5 - 7: slip stitch into 1st v-stitch space, chain 5, 1 dc in same space, work one v-stitch(dc, chain2, dc) into each chain 2 space around, join with slip stitch to the 3rd chain in beginning chain 5

Round 8: slip stitch over to the 1st chain 2 space, chain 2, hdc in same space, chain 1, 2 hdc in same space, slip stitch in between the last dc of the v-stitch and the 1st dc of the next v-stitch, * in the next chain 2 space work (2 hdc,chain 1, 2 hdc), slip stitch in between the last dc of the v-stitch and the 1st dc of the next v-stitch, repeatfrom * to end join with slip stitch to the 2nd chain in beginning chain 2

Round 9: Slip stitch over to first chain 1 space, chain 3, 2 dc in the same space, chain 1, 3 dc in same space, 1 slip stitch into slip stitch in previous round, * in next chain 1 space work ( 3 dc, chain 1, 3 dc), 1 slip stitch into slip stitch in previous round, repeat from * to end, join with slip stitch to 3rd chain of beginning chain 3. Fasten off, weave in ends.

With contrasting color, chain 70 and fasten off. weave this into the last v - stitch row, after inserting candle tie snuggly into a bow.

***Important*** before using candle be sure to trim the wick to no longer than 1/2 inch!

repeat

Archived