Katchkan's beaded card case from online class

sakurasaku

This is from a Crochetville online class in January, but I finally got around to finishing assembling and taking pictures. :blush

Many of us know Kathy (Crochetville name Katchkan) for her beautiful thread designs and superb craftsmanship. She is also an excellent teacher; if you have a chance to take one of her classes, you won't regret it. I really enjoyed learning this beaded crochet technique that was totally new to me. Everything was explained clearly, the class material was thorough, and she was very encouraging and patient.

Front view:

IMG_7162.jpg

Back view:

IMG_7164.jpg

Inside:

IMG_7167.jpg

A couple of things I learned:

* I was so concerned with making this "neat" that I crocheted it too tightly. I ended up with very little give when it came to blocking and assembling, which caused a little lopsidedness in the finished project. I will give it a little more room so that the beads are not packed together so tightly next time.

* I will use better quality beads next time. This was the first attempt, so we were trying to learn the technique, much like when you first learn to crochet with an inexpensive yarn just to try it out. But there is a whole world of gorgeous high quality beads out there (with prices to match...), and it will be worth spending just a bit more if/when I do this again.

If you are interested in seeing Kathy's example of this project, you can click on this link. Hers looks so professional... It was so much fun, though. Thanks, Kathy!

that is gorgeous! congrats on taking the class and achieving it, and to Kathy for clearly being such a good teacher

Don't sell yourself short -- that is a wonderful job. I know what you mean about the beads though. I used to do that to myself all of the time. I make something with a lesser quality yarn and think I will do it again later...when I should have done it right the first time. It is a bad philosophy. Consider yourself worth it, after all, your time is worth it alone. I also tell myself, "If it isn't good, oh well, I will chalk it off to entertainment!" (My mom used to say this all of the time.)

Archived