missmaxx

St Patrick's Day Table Topper

Hi Everyone,

I know..... It's April. Sorry but it took this long to finish.

Started Feb 14, 2008

Finished April 22, 2008

For: My sister's birthday gift. (March 16)

I gave it to her on her b-day and took it back to finish.

Note: She asked me to leave off some of the large shamrocks from the outer rounds.

It should have 16 but we went with 4.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNE!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/missmaxx_crochet/Tablecloth001.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/missmaxx_crochet/Tablecloth006.jpg

Edited by ChayaSar
fixed photos

:nworthy :nworthy - that's not a table topper - That's a tablecloth! :nworthy :nworthy

It's lovely - you've got a lucky sister.

Very petty. I love that pattern. I think I like your version with less shamrocks. I"ll have to think about taking some of mine off.

Beautiful job.:hook

That's impressive! I agree - it's a tablecloth, not a table topper. Great job!

that's gigantic!! wonderful work :) I like that you took your sisters wishes in hand, she has to live with it so it's great she got some input. Fabulous.

WOW, That is amazing and absolutely gorgeous. And considering the size of it, I don't think it took all that long. You did a great job on it. Congrats on finishing it. I don't think I could have. LOL

Debby

That is soooo beautiful. Your sister is very lucky indeed!

I agree with others; considering the size and intricacies of the design, I actually think you did it pretty quickly.

Boy, I'm glad you put up a picture with it on the table for scale. That is an amazing amout of work. I hope she loves it! How did you work out what to do to eliminate the shamrocks?

OMG!!! I love that. Hmmmm, I think my sister needs to make me one. Actually, I have 3 sisters, so I could really make out. Ha! Thanks for sharing. :crocheting

It's Fantastic

:tup

I'm Impressed

Ok now this is wonderful :manyheart you are so patient :)

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I loved making it. Thread has always been my favorite medium.

As far as deciding on how many shamrocks: I was making the first one when my sister looked at the picture on the book cover and said she has plans to use a kelly green tablecloth under it. We both thought 16 green shamrocks would get lost on the green underneath. Then we looked at it at saw how each side has three roses in what could be called an "arrow" pointing to the outer rounds. I just sewed the shamrocks where the arrows pointed. :)

She wasn't home when I took it to her house last night. I broke in and left it on the table without the green tablecloth (I couldn't find it, guess I need more burgler practice!). She called me to say thanks when she got home.

Happy crocheting,

Absolutely beautiful!!

Wow - I love thread and wish I had the talent that everyone else has on this board to work with it - the projects are always so exquisite - great job and you have a very lucky sister :cheer

It's gorgeous! And what a perfect fit for the table! You have a right to be EXTREMELY proud on finishing such a project. I like it with fewer shamrocks.