Yes- I'm a man and like to crochet

Simon82895

Simon, age 48 from Central New Jersey. A few years ago I made a lame attempt at quitting smoking. To keep my hands busy I learned to crochet and knit. The quitting smoking has been off and on for the most part, actually downright diffucult.

I got sober back in August of 1995 hence my username. The date I quit drinking. In my area I am known as that guy that crochets at AA meetings. At least I'm not known as the guy who doesn't remember what he did the night before anymore.

I came upon this forum doing a goolge for crochet forums and like what I see. I will try to take pictures of some of the stuff I've made and post them. I suck at reading patterns but I'm still learning. I learned how to make a granny square recently and am going nuts with that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:welcomeI'm also in NJ. You will love this site and there are a few men here. It's a great place to chat with people who love to crochet and always someone willing to help out when you are stuck on a pattern.

My other half is trying to quit, never thought to give him a pattern :lol.

Good for you for giving up both.

Congratulations on your sobriety! Keep up the good work.

I know other men who crochet so don't think you're the only one out there in a vast sea of estrogen!:lol

Post some pics of your work. We all love pictures!

Welcome to the ville from NYC!

Yes, there are some patterns for rosaries:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/religious.php - there are some rosary patterns here

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/relig.html - this link has a bunch of religious things including rosaries

http://www.premier.net/~lhamm/salepatterns/rosarypatterns.htm - this site has rosary patterns for sale

Welcome Simon. We are always happy to have someone new. You are definately not the lone male crocheter, although its still a novelty in my town.

One thought on the rosaries, usually when you mail to the troops the instructions say that you cannot mail things of a religious nature. There are lots of places & charities where they would be well recieved though and I think that it is a great challenging project. Hmmmm adding to my possible projects list....

So nice to meet you!

1) congrats on being sober

2) dont be so hard on yourself about the smoking... that will come!

3) you may be one guy in a sea of woman here... but you're not the "only guy" There are very talented men here on this forum.

My daddy did some crocheting in his time! His love of crafting was great! His last few years with us... although it wasnt crocheting... was still crafting with yarn.... he took on loom knitting and plastic canvas ... and made some GREAT things. Gifts of love like you wouldnt believe.

I have 6 wonderful kids.... all which know how to knit.. 2 also know how to crochet.

Welcome........... :crocheting

:turtle

:mug

Simon - welcome to the friendliest, most helpful spot on the web for crocheters, male OR female.

If you want to keep your fingers busy, you'll either become addicted to this forum or increase your crochet activities and expertise here.

Welcome

Congrats on your sobriety ,no matter what anyones says it take Courage and determination. :clap

There are many men who crochet and do a fantastic job, some villagers here are men and do a better job than some females.

Archived