From Knit to Crochet-Possum Love

Tina M.

100_0271.jpg

100_02731.jpg

100_0274.jpg

This is originally a knit pattern that I was able to convert to crochet (total luck) I asked the woman if I could post her pattern in crochet form and she said it was fine. She is awesome! This is her link to the original version. http://rupestur.livejournal.com/15177.html#cutid1

This is a first for me so forgive any shortcomings and feel free to pm with any questions at all. I am not a seasoned crocheter like most of you here, so feel free to tweek out any rough spots I have. I basically went by her numbers. Thanks for looking!

Possum Love pattern in crochet

Worsted weight yarn

Size F crochet hook (size change as desired)

Head and body

Magic ring 6 sc or ch 2 and 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 6 sc

Rnd. 1: sc increase in each stitch around. 12

Rnd. 2: sc in each st around. 12

Rnd. 3: sc increase in each stitch around. 24

Rnd. 4: sc in each stitch around. 24

Rnd. 5: (sc increase in next st, sc in next stitch) three times, sc increase in next st, sc in next two sts, (sc increase in next st, sc in next st) four times, sc increase in next stitch, sc in last six sts. 33

Rnd. 6-10: sc around. 33

Rnd. 11: (sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc in next st) three times, sc decrease over next 2 sts,sc in next st, (sc decrease over next 2 stitches, sc in next stitch) four times, sc decrease in next st, sc in last 6 sts. 24

Rnd. 12-17: sc around. 24

Rnd. 18: (sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc in next st) six times, sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc in last 4 sts. 17

Rnds. 19-23: sc around. 17

Stuff

Rnd 24: (sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc in next stitch) five times, sc decrease over next 2 sts. 11

Rnds: 25-26: sc around. 11

Rnd: 27: sc decrease to last st, sc in last st. 6

Finish off.

Face

With white yarn and working in rows:

Row 1: chain 4, ch 1 turn. 4

Row 2: 3 sc in first st, sc increase in next 2 sts, 3 sc in last st, chain 1 and turn. 10

Rows 3-5: sc in each st. 10

Row 6: sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc in next 6 sts, sc decrease over last 2 sts, ch 1 and turn. 8

Row 7: sc decrease around. 4

Finish off.

Nose

Nose

Magic ring 12 or ch 2 and 12 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Rnd. 1-2: sc around. 12

Rnd. 3: sc decsrease over next 2 stitches, sc in next 2 sts.- around. 9

Rnds. 4-7: sc around. 9

Rnd. 8: sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc. around. 6

Change to pink

Rnd. 9: sc around. 6

Rnd. 10: sc increase, sc in next st. around. 9

Rnd. 11-12: sc around. 9

Rnd. 13: sc decrease over next 2 sts, sc. around. 6

Finish off

Legs (make 2)

Magic ring 9 or ch 2 and 9 sc in 2nd chain from hook.

Rnd. 1-13: sc around. 9

Rnd. 14: sc increase, sc around to last st, sc increase in last st. 14

Rnd. 15: sc around 14

Rnd. 16: sc increase in next 2 sts, sc until last 2 sts, sc increase in next 2 sts. 18

Rnd. 17-19: sc around. 18

Rnd. 20: decrease around. 9

Finish off- weave tail in and out of last round and pull to close.

Arms (make 2)

Magic ring 9 or ch 2 and 9 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Rnds 1-13: sc around. ( if you like shorter arms, do 9 rnds)

Finish off if you do NOT want fingers.

If you want fingers don’t finish off and continue.

Continue where you are, ch 4, sl st in 2nd and 3rd ch from hook, (ch 3, sl st in 2nd and 3rd ch. From hook) twice, draw up a loop in the end of each of first two fingers made, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook, sl st in next sc on arm.

Finish off-sew top closed.

Ears (make 2)

This is how I do ears like this. The knit pattern ears do not look the same when converted to crochet.

Magic ring 5 or ch 2 and 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook, turn

Row 2: (yes, these are rows) ch 1, 2 sc in 1st st, sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in last st, sl st in same st. (this helps to add curve to ear).

Finish off leaving 2 inch tail. Now, the 2 strands should be close to eachother, so tie these together tight twice, (this helps cup the ear).

Tail (almost done, yay!)

Magic ring 6, or ch 2 and 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Continue rounds of 6 til you have the length you like. If you want the tail to taper off, then just decrease to 4 sts for last few rounds. After you are satisfied with the length, ch 4 and sl st to first ch. This is so you can hang your possum upside down if you like. Enjoy!!!

Assemble as in picture.

• 3 months later...
When we saw this on Craftser.org DD started beggin me to make her one. It great that the designer let you write up a crocheted version, it's so cute.

Thank you. Yes, I thought that was very kind of her to let me do that. She was very kind.

Archived