my hat I came up with!!!

jujubeanboutique

I'm so excited that I was able to do this by myself, with NO pattern. I wrote it all down because one day, i want to be able to sell my pattern.

I'm a bowmaker and love hats with ribbon and matching bows on them.

here is what I came up with. The bow is not attached to the hat. It was the only bow I had made in the same pink ribbon. :D Do you like it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/jcemerson/JuJuBeanBoutique/DSC01645.jpg

Oh, I like very much!! Great job on the pattern!! :clap I just love your "bow"!! A few years ago Michael's craft store had this bow maker on "sale, so I bought it. Would you believe, I tried making a bow and I couldn't do it, so it sit's in one of our storage sheds!!:lol I guess one of these day's I'll have to give it another try!!

Oh, I like very much!! Great job on the pattern!! :clap I just love your "bow"!! A few years ago Michael's craft store had this bow maker on "sale, so I bought it. Would you believe, I tried making a bow and I couldn't do it, so it sit's in one of our storage sheds!!:lol I guess one of these day's I'll have to give it another try!!

ya i got sucked into buying a bow maker from michaels too. It doesn't work. I've done months of research and tons of practise to get to the bowmaking level I am at. It's a crazy craft! Expensive too!

That's really cute! Your bow is very pretty...love the Princess ribbon.:princess

I love ribbon and always buy ribbon in the fabric or floral dept for wrapping packages. I hadn't really thought about combining it with crochet. How did you apply the bow to the hat, is it on a pin? Also, where you threaded the ribbon thru the hat, is the ribbon washable, or would you remove it before washing?

:crochetingSo when do you plan on selling the pattern? There's probably a few of us that would like to buy it. Good job - WTG!

I will post when I have it available! probably in the next few days!!!

That's really cute! Your bow is very pretty...love the Princess ribbon.:princess

I love ribbon and always buy ribbon in the fabric or floral dept for wrapping packages. I hadn't really thought about combining it with crochet. How did you apply the bow to the hat, is it on a pin? Also, where you threaded the ribbon thru the hat, is the ribbon washable, or would you remove it before washing?

That ribbon is actually mounted on an alligator clip (for the hair). I just weaved it through the yarn really. As for the ribbon. It is washable but I'm thinking of sewing on a tad bit of velcro on the ends of the ribbon to make it interchangable with other ribbon/bows. I will be including instructions for a very simple bow to attach to the weaved ribbon for some added cuteness!! So the instructions will have TONS of pictures. :)

LOVE the hat! I will be the first one in line in your shop to buy it! As a fellow bow maker, your bows are GORGEOUS! I need to get mine looking that good!

Now that is just adorable. I love the bow on it. I know a couple of young ladies that would just die for that pattern. They are both drama queens and that is their new expression.:hook

Archived