Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival May 3-4 2008

MaryPat

http://www.sheepandwool.org/

I haven't been for a couple of years, so I'm really hoping it will work out this year. Hubby loves sheep herding trials, so there will be something for him as well.

I went one year and got all kinds of wool and discovered when I began working with it that I was allergic to them all -- mohair, alpaca, sheep, rabbit.

I bought dyed ribbon from this vendor. Her stall is always crowded:

http://home.gwi.net/~tessyarn/

I can hardly wait! :cheer I already requested the weekend off for this! I went just one day last year and even though it was cold and windy it was a complete blast. I even met a couple of ladies from my regular knit/crochet group and we had even more fun together. Hope to see some Crochetvillers there this year. :D

I'll be there! Not sure if we are going on Saturday or Sunday but can't wait! I got some great yarn last year and really enjoyed looking at all the different breeds of sheep. One day I want to have a bigger farm than we have now and raise sheep for wool!

• 2 weeks later...
I've never been but, I'll be there Saturday...is there any vendors that carry all cotton?

I don't know....there are all kinds of vendors with all different yarns and fibers so there's a good chance there will be!

Wish I could go :( But hubby has to work this weekend and I am NOT taking 2 kids to something like this where they (ok and me too!) will want to touch everything. Besides, without hubby, I will come home with more yarn than our bank account can handle! :lol

Wish I could go :( But hubby has to work this weekend and I am NOT taking 2 kids to something like this where they (ok and me too!) will want to touch everything. Besides, without hubby, I will come home with more yarn than our bank account can handle! :lol

I can understand that! Last year I went with hubby and a sulking 16 yr old....he was not happy about being there. So this year, he stays home and I'm going to enjoy myself! (he's a great kid but all yarn looks alike to him...)

OMG I am so exhausted I went to the festival today. Lots of yarn I even wore a sign I made of yarn about Crochetville.(Yes I got permission from Amy) People read it but nobody said they were from the ville. :( Won't be there tomorrow just too tired and stiff.:yes

OMG I am so exhausted I went to the festival today. Lots of yarn I even wore a sign I made of yarn about Crochetville.(Yes I got permission from Amy) People read it but nobody said they were from the ville. :( Won't be there tomorrow just too tired and stiff.:yes

I'm going today and I can't wait!! Did you buy yarn?:yay

Lots! Wish you had been there on Saturday we might have met I was just too sore and tired to go today.:)

I looked for your Crochetville sign just in case! We had a great time and the weather was gorgeous. I got some yarn....but wanted alot more!! And I really want to learn to spin so I can go back next year and buy some of the roving that I saw. I got some Handpainted Linen yarn, a Leiscester wool yarn in earth tones, and 3 skeins of a wool/silk blend in a variegated shade of coral pink.

Glad to hear you had a great time too!!

Archived