Doily Question

DavaJ

My doily isn't laying flat, am I crocheting to tight?

My smaller doilies lay flat, whats up with this one??

Thanks,

Deb.:think

A few questions.

1-are you finished with it, or in the process?

2-if you are finished, have you blocked it, or at least ironed it and starched it?

They often will curl up while you're working on them, and they don't look all that great. But once you're done and you've blocked it, it should be fine.

Oh, and post some pictures once it's finished, of course! :)

A few questions.

1-are you finished with it, or in the process?

2-if you are finished, have you blocked it, or at least ironed it and starched it?

They often will curl up while you're working on them, and they don't look all that great. But once you're done and you've blocked it, it should be fine.

Oh, and post some pictures once it's finished, of course! :)

I am row 4 and several more to go.... I am attempting my first 10 in one for a house warming present.

I will have to look and see what blocking is. Not sure what that is..

Thank you so much.

Deb.

I am row 4 and several more to go.... I am attempting my first 10 in one for a house warming present.

I will have to look and see what blocking is. Not sure what that is..

Thank you so much.

Deb.

Blocking is basically either ironing the doily while stretching it out and into shape, or you can do it by wetting the doily and pinning it out with rust-proof pins. You can use a bit of starch.

Mine always curl like crazy until they are blocked. I just wet them and pin them out to a nice flat shape. Once they are dry, they stay flat. Don't let it trouble you. :)

Mine always curl like crazy until they are blocked. I just wet them and pin them out to a nice flat shape. Once they are dry, they stay flat. Don't let it trouble you. :)

Thank you....:hook

Archived