A Library Tote Just For Me

lauraslefthook

I have it semi-written out now, so I will try to get my rough draft up on my site soon. I figure if you followed the directions with worsted, you would just get a smaller tote (which may be what I do to test the pattern since I am not sure I have enough Thick and Quick laying around to do it again.)

How many books did you test it with? I normally run in and out of the library with about 10, and my canvas bag is stressed. I love your creation, but worried about wearing it out in no time!

Well, I had at least ten kid's books and my daughter's fm system (she is hard of hearing and needs the librarian to wear a mike system that attaches to her hearing aids to hear the stories well.)

I have another library tote made with just regular worsted that still works well, but I did not make the handles thick enough so they hurt my hands when I stuff the bag full. I gave that one to my six year old to be her personal library bag. (She won't try to carry as many books herself as she tries to get me to put in my bag, so the handles should be fine for her.)

Archived