Current Priscilla Hewitt Web Site???

rshseaeagle

This very talented designer disappeared very suddely quite a few years ago. Nobody seems to know what happened or where she went. There was some big flap about something, but I never knew the details.

Jean Leinhauser

<www.creativepartnersllc.com>

I checked out my bookmarks and you are right, some are offline now. However, some links to granny squares are still on Crochet pattern link sites. I guess I wondered about her and I started to print out the patterns of hers that I liked. So, I have some in my stash. It's too bad she is gone, I hope she is alright and just hiding out!!! She is so talented!

Thanks to all who replied. It really is a shame that such a gifted designer has seemed to have disappeared. I hope that all is well with her and that one day we can look forward to her return.

Toni Horvath

• 4 weeks later...

kinda johnny come late to this thread but I too , am a huge fan of Hewett as a fairly new hooker wayback, her patterns got me though fairly hard patterns such as dollies etc.when noone else could lol there is just something about the way she wrote the patterns or something can't put my finger on it but she always got me though like magic...it saddens me greatly not knowing where she went ..I also remember reading about some problems I didn't want to believe it ..I have made her daisy kitchen set as well as the candy cane sets..untold number of times..not to mention about 4 of her stepping stones round afgans, in everything from bulky chenell , to two strands of caron pounders, hook cases etc. etc..one of my favs.. her inflight angel..can you tell I am a fan? going now to peek at the link here to saved patterns, thanks for this thread so I know am not alone in my admiration..

• 5 months later...

Hi, folks,

Sorry if this is a repeat of any kind, but I have to post quickly.

I hate for my first post to be as the bearer of sad news, but AOL hometown (where a lot of Hewitt's beautiful patterns are posted) is no more as of yesterday. You can still find some of the patterns by googling and clicking on the cached links, but there it is :/

carovan you are like mighty mouse always there to save the day!!! lol

a great big thxzzz for link hope she posts more of her old patterns:yes

weeping : do you realize how many great little patterns are gone forever????

at first I thought she meant Hewitts site was gone not all of hometown.:(

We're sorry to inform you that on Oct. 31, 2008, AOL® Hometown has been shut down permanently. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause :eek:shrug

• 1 month later...
In case you haven't found her new site yet, here it is: http://www.priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html

Thank you so much! I looked at the patterns and didn't realize how many of them that I make repeatedly and didn't know they were hers! I printed my own copy from the previous sites and didn't notice. She has great patterns. I am so glad to see them up again.

It says to click here to join her group on Yahoo but there is nothing that is clickable.

Anyone have contact info for her?

Midds,

Here is the link to her Yahoo Group. Her e-mail address is also on the Yahoo Group.

I have e-mailed her several times and she always responded. It may take a day or two, but she has always answered any questions I have had.

TLOL,

Toni

I have XP, IE and a cable connection but slow computer. Her pattern pages take a while to completely load. I see her terms of use in a frame on the right side, and then for a long time there is a margin on the left side that looks empty. Wait a while, and that side will finally load with thumbnails of the patterns files to click on.

HTH

• 1 year later...

Archived