Wheel chair bag crochet pattern

HappyOldCro

Question

DH just got his fold up portable wheel chair. I searched the internet for a pattern for a pouch to hang in back of chair (from the handles). Only found ones that hung on arm rests. I need one to hang in the back from the handles. I did find a nice sewing pattern for one, but had hoped to crochet it. I could probably work one up using the sewing pattern measurements, but it would be nice if there was one already out there.

Has anyone seen one?

I plan to make a few so when one is in wash he has another. I would need it to hold my purse plus a few other small items if I am pushing when he is too tired to wheel himself.

14 answers to this question

You could probably use this pattern and if you did not want to recycle plastic bags, replace the plastic bags with 2 ww yarns or chunky type, then make a flap with velcro, button or snap closure.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/10/13/wheelchair-walker-tote-bag/

Hope this helps you.

You could probably use this pattern and if you did not want to recycle plastic bags, replace the plastic bags with 2 ww yarns or chunky type, then make a flap with velcro, button or snap closure.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/10/13/wheelchair-walker-tote-bag/

Hope this helps you.

Thanks Reni, I saw that one and it is exceptionally neat, but would not hang from the back of the wheel chair. Here is a diagram from the pattern for sewing. As you can see the back hanging one would have the handles on the sides to be looped over the push handles and is much wider than the pouches that hang on walkers or arm rests.

th_crafty004.jpg

Please post it when your done - it would be great to see how you make it work :)

Such a great idea!

I've been looking for a pattern for these as well but haven't found one that is what I want. LOL! You'd think I was fussy or something!!

I have to finish a stole I am working on, but should be done in a day or two, then I will start the bag. Will try to make notes, but I am not that great at writing out the stuff I make, so be gentle with me, :lol.

Just to let you know I have finished the sewn version and I am plotting out the crocheted one. I am using an established pattern for a tote that I will adapt to be used for the wheel chair. I already have the approval of the creator of the original pattern, and she will also be posting it on her website once it is done. It will be available as a charity project. You will get all the info once it is finished and where to go to get it.

Thank you for your support.

Carol, I can't wait to see them and to see the pattern. I made 2 totes for my mom's walker and now need one for her wheelchair. I thought I had one figured out but I thought wrong :lol:lol

Just to let you know I have finished the sewn version and I am plotting out the crocheted one. I am using an established pattern for a tote that I will adapt to be used for the wheel chair. I already have the approval of the creator of the original pattern, and she will also be posting it on her website once it is done. It will be available as a charity project. You will get all the info once it is finished and where to go to get it.

Thank you for your support.

You know when i read the first post, i was thinking 'this would make a great free pattern, because i'm sure there's tons of people that want one of these":clap

You know when i read the first post, i was thinking 'this would make a great free pattern, because i'm sure there's tons of people that want one of these":clap

Thanks Heather, btw, I love the saying you have in your siggy.

Archived