abeille

searching for an afghan pattern

Question

Hello

I'm looking for a pattern from McCall's Needlework and Crafts 1974-1975.

It is a Border Afghan with many rows. All the rows are different and have many colors and designs. the pattern number

837 NB.

The size once completed is 44"x46" worked in single crochet and reverse single crochet.

now I would include a black and white picture of the blanket but I don't know how to do it.

11 answers to this question

I don't know how to add the picture of the afghan in the message box so I used it as my avatar. I hope it is clear enough to see which afghan I'm describing.

Thank you for your time

I can't really see the avatar too well, but I think it may be the same one that is in McCall's Book of Afghans from 1976. That one is called Border Afghan and described as border patterns worked from a chart in sc and reverse sc. It says to work the wrong side in reverse sc, or work the whole thing from the right side in sc. There are 12 different patterns charted and it's worked in worsted with a steel #00 hook. You can repeat the patterns in whatever order you want, it says, and any colors; looks like the one in the picture has about 15-20 colors.

I know McCall's recycled their patterns, so it might have been in the magazine first, and probably is in other books.

this ebay auction is a different edition of the book than I have, but the afghan I am talking about is shown http://cgi.ebay.com/56-Crochet-Patterns-McCalls-Super-Book-of-Afghans-Knit_W0QQitemZ140224339817QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I found the pattern you're looking for in my hardback book entitled "The McCall's Book of Afghans" (ISBN 0-671-22224-4). McCall's had the tendency to repeat patterns in several magazines/books, which is a good thing because I don't have the magazine you mentioned. :lol "Border Afghan" is worked in sc on the right side & reverse sc on the wrong side OR work all rows in sc from the right side.

My McCalls are all late 70's and 80's. I checked the '75s but didn't see it.

I found the pattern you're looking for in my hardback book entitled "The McCall's Book of Afghans" (ISBN 0-671-22224-4). McCall's had the tendency to repeat patterns in several magazines/books, which is a good thing because I don't have the magazine you mentioned. :lol "Border Afghan" is worked in sc on the right side & reverse sc on the wrong side OR work all rows in sc from the right side.

Amazon.com has a few used of this particular book for sale.

thank you, I checked out the link but I didn't see the afghan I'm talking about. But the way you talk about the way it's made it does look like this afghan I'm searching for.

this ebay auction is a different edition of the book than I have, but the afghan I am talking about is shown http://cgi.ebay.com/56-Crochet-Patterns-McCalls-Super-Book-of-Afghans-Knit_W0QQitemZ140224339817QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thank you everyone for your help. :bheart

I remember that that afghan only listed as a pattern one mush buy. I don,t remember having seen it as a complete pattern in the magasine.

On the link, when you scroll down to the pictures, the one I mean is on the left in the second row down. To me it looks like the one in your avatar.

thank you very much. I'll check it out . As long as you're sure it's the same afghan. I know the picture isn't very clear.

:c9

thank you very much. I'll check it out . As long as you're sure it's the same afghan. I know the picture isn't very clear.

:c9

Well, the avatar is small and my eyes are old:lol but I *think* it's the same picture. Shows a woman lying on a sofa reading a book, with the afghan draped over her.