may 18th outing to Smileys in Queens NY

Anyone is CT interested in carpooling and sharing the gas/meter expense? I live near Hartford, but we could meet up somewhere. Let me know...

Oooh, I'd love to go. :manyheart

I get free airfare since my daughter works for one of the major airlines. :devil

And if I could have one of you pick me up from LaGuardia or JFK, then drop me back at the airport again. :hug

However, my DH put me on a major yarn diet. :2nono I have to pass.:bang

I was there once before, and it is worth the trip. No parking lot...only on street parking, but I got lucky on my previous trip and got a spot in front of the store. Smiley's accepts cash only if I remember correctly.

I'd love to join you all, but I am picking up ex-Football Son from school on Saturday. If I have recovered from the 8 hours of driving on Friday night and Saturday, I will be there with bells on! It is only about an hour from where I live, and for those who are flying, I think it is closer to JFK.

Aunt Bubbels, you sure are an instigator! And thanks for the b'day card!

I've made a list of the projects I want to do and what yarn I will need. I want to venture into wearables and my list of yarn is long! LONG! I need to stop looking at Smiley's website!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a funny Smiley's story for everyone. I went in there with my mother on Christmas Eve Day, and these two ladies came in to buy some yarn. They had just flown in from LA, rented a car, and headed straight for Smiley's, no stopping off at their relatives, dropping off their bags, nope, right to the store. They were focused on yarn first, the holiday later. That's some dedication (perhaps addiction)

Wish I could join you, but I live 600 miles away now... :sigh

I hope you guys get there early. My friend told me that they are going to close the store for renovations and that they are selling everything in the store so you picked a good time to go. Have fun and I can't wait to hear how you made out.

We just got back! The store was crowded and there were alot of colors that I wanted that they didn't have BUT I was still in yarn heaven! I have enough yarn to last me a year or so!

Archived