may 18th outing to Smileys in Queens NY

How about getting together and going to Smileys for a few hours of shopping on May 18th - they are having a big sale.

So far I am going with ChrisKad.

I have never been there before but it could be a nice day out and we could even get a bite to eat if there is a place to dine in.

So everyone from Long Island, New York, Jersey, Connecticut and elsewhere mark it on your calendar and join us for a shopping spree!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Joan - I have never been there before so I have no idea. Hopefully someone that has visited this store will reply

or you can call them and ask about parking

oh please try and come - it would be great to meet you

Wish I could join you but my husband and I will be away for our anniversary.

Is this someplace that can be driven to? Is there (safe) parking?

Joan in CT

You can drive to Smileys. I've done it many times, I've never had a problem with my car, but I've always had to circle many times to find a spot. Most times I ended up quite a bit down from the store.

I don't live far from Smileys and there is street parking but bring quarters with you because its all metered. Its a little difficult to find a spot and you might have to walk a little bit but you'll find parking and yes its safe. :D

One thing I wanted to add is be careful at Smiley's they give great bargains but watch the ounces, sometimes its not the bargain you think it is becasuse of the amount your getting in a skein.

Hey! I live litterally around the corner from Smiley's. Parking stinks but I've noticed the avenue usually isn't as packed in the early afternoons as it is in the evening. There is the Forest View diner on the next block - decent diner - also many restaurants and a few pizzaria's and of course, a McDonald's.

Their yarn sales are huge - last year I got a whole bag of 2 ply cotton for just over 2 dollars ( i like cotton) - and I can tell you first hand, pretty much their ENTIRE store will be fresh stock because I've been in there 3 times in the last two weeks and there is barely ANYTHING at all on the shelves because they've been getting ready for the sale!

Maybe I'll see some of you there! I'll be the one with the loud blonde 3 yr old telling me that every skein in the store is "beautiful yarn" and I have to buy it.......

Hey! I live litterally around the corner from Smiley's. Parking stinks but I've noticed the avenue usually isn't as packed in the early afternoons as it is in the evening. There is the Forest View diner on the next block - decent diner - also many restaurants and a few pizzaria's and of course, a McDonald's.

Their yarn sales are huge - last year I got a whole bag of 2 ply cotton for just over 2 dollars ( i like cotton) - and I can tell you first hand, pretty much their ENTIRE store will be fresh stock because I've been in there 3 times in the last two weeks and there is barely ANYTHING at all on the shelves because they've been getting ready for the sale!

Maybe I'll see some of you there! I'll be the one with the loud blonde 3 yr old telling me that every skein in the store is "beautiful yarn" and I have to buy it.......

Your 3 year old sounds adorable! :) Thanks for the tips for lunch and I hope we see you there!

Rats. I tried to convince folks to have our face-to-face in NY on the 19th (then I'd arrive early and go to the yarn sale.) No, they'd rather come to DC for the meeting.

Rats. I tried to convince folks to have our face-to-face in NY on the 19th (then I'd arrive early and go to the yarn sale.) No, they'd rather come to DC for the meeting.

:lol Thanks for trying! That would have been one awesome road trip!

Let's see fly :planeto New York, cab :driveto Smilies, lots of yarn to buy :shopand finally meeting friends, fly:plane back to Tampa.

Darn:irk:bang, sure wish it was cheaper to fly.

Have a great time guys. I am with Catheryn, I am so jealous.:hook

Smiley's just posted that no yarn will be more than $1.99!!! Woohoo!

Oh I have to be there. I hope I can remember that it's open that Sunday. Usually they're closed. 12-4pm...I could have my DH drop me off and then I could take transit back home. Hmmm...gotta see.

I do recall one of the ladies there telling me that they were remodeling to make for even more inventory.

Oh I have to be there. I hope I can remember that it's open that Sunday. Usually they're closed. 12-4pm...I could have my DH drop me off and then I could take transit back home. Hmmm...gotta see.

I do recall one of the ladies there telling me that they were remodeling to make for even more inventory.

Let us know if you'll be going! I'd be great to meet you!

Tampa Doll, I wish it was cheaper to fly! I'd love to meet you too! :manyheart

Let us know if you'll be going! I'd be great to meet you!

Tampa Doll, I wish it was cheaper to fly! I'd love to meet you too! :manyheart

I just printed out the flyer for Smiley's sale. Gonna stick that on the fridge so hubby can see it.....he'll get the hint

Oh, I wanna go so, bad!!! Please...Please someone take pictures of inside Smiley's, I have to see what I'm missing.

I've tried to figure out how to fly into Laguardia airport...anyone know what airline goes there from Maryland or any other state? I will make it there some day...

Have Fun Ladies!

Archived