Pineapple Blossom

I have been consumed with this doily.. i couldnt wait for a full block.. so I did a light steam block then it goes on pins tomorrow...

I just wanted you all to see it.. i used number 3 red south maid thread

and the Leisure Arts Little Books Pineapple Doilies

this is the one on the cover.. after the steam.. its 22inches.. and i think I will gain another inch and a half or so on the full block.. this is my mothers birthday present for july.. her favourite colour is red ..

This doily worked fairly fast and had I not had a mistake in round 8 .. that i didnt see til i was on round 20.. it would have been a one day affair.. LOL..

th_redoily002.jpg

This doily worked fairly fast and had I not had a mistake in round 8 .. that i didnt see til i was on round 20.. it would have been a one day affair.. LOL..

Don't you just HATE when that happens! LOL! Your doily turned out beautifully, I'm sure your mom will :manyheart it! Great job!

Very pretty!!! I love the color!!! And I love anything pineapple!!! That pattern is just so nice.

kellyv

Gorgeous! I did that one in cream for my mother, it's a nice one! How bad did it ruffle before you blocked it Beth?

thanks every one!!

Rebecca.. she will put it on her dining table.. her kitchen and dining room are done in apples.. so the red is perfect..

Julie..

at first it ruffled ALOT.. i was a little concerned.. then as the last rounds were worked it seemed to work itself out some.. but i was a little nervous that is for sure !

Patty .. pineapples are easy as long as you make sure you got all your stitches LOL..

Archived