Question regarding making squares

Joancrafts

I have questions regarding making squares for comfortghans. I would like to help out with the request for squares,and also keep some on hand for the 'ville when you request them. What colors are the most asked for? What pattern is most used? I have noticed the most asked for size is 8 inches and 12 inches. I have a skein each of peach, pink and blue in RHSS.

Since my husband has been out of town sinc Feb. 1st I have completed acorner to corner blanket in camouflage/and shades of sage for my 4year old grandson,a pink and white ripple blanket for my 18 month old granddaughter,. Also I made her a pink Easter dress and a lavender bonnet,and a knitted a vest for my grandson. Oh, I forgot I also crocheted slippers for them. So for now my projects are completed. I have time on my hands and some worsted weight,sport weight and baby weight yarn on hand so if anyone needs squares,just let me know color,weight,and pattern by either PM or e-mail.Joan

usually it is what ever pattern You like to make. now on the color we never know till it is needed. unless you are doing squares for me then it is any size, any pattern, any color ;)

it is great that you are wanting to help here at the ville. enjoy making your squares :hug

This is my favorite square right now. The never ending Blanket square. You can make it any size, and it doesn't have a lot of holes in it, so it is warm, and you can use any color of ww yarn you have to make a really nice square that will help you use up your leftovers!!!

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

I turn mine on every row to the back, so that I have a really nice valley that makes the square look good on both sides!! :manyheart

When in doubt, I make blue squares. They're suitable for any age or either gender. You're right that 8" and 12" squares are commonly sought. Lots of people ask for 6" squares also.

Whatever you make someone will want, probably sooner rather than later. :)

Joan - that's so nice of you to want to make squares. I think pink is another popular color, so if you want to make some of those to have on hand...

Archived