CatsCradleCreations

Fire Ant for Brendan

Great job on the RED fire ants! I bet Brendan will love them!

Bec :D

As I mentioned on your blog, the ant is adorable! You did a great job!! :clap

That is just too cute, Melissa!! Really great job!!!

I forgot to mention that I used a pattern called "Creepy Crawlies" by Stephen Reedy (PDF format) to make the ant. The yarn I used was Caron Sayelle (red) and Red Heart SS (black). I think the hardest part of this little critter was getting the chenille stems through the stuffing!! It was a fun little project, though!

Wow, I've never seen anything like that. That's easily one of the best crocheted critters I've ever seen. It really, really looks like a fire ant! The legs and face are particularly excellent. Well done!

He turned out sooo cute!:clap

Very neat! I am sure Brendan will love it.

The fire ant is ummmm cute? Not sure cute is the word ...but you did a GREAT :) job on it and I bet Brendan is the only kid on the block with a fire ant for a toy :lol:rofl

Barbara

That came out so life-like! You did a really great job on that!

My kids just saw it and we love:) it!!! they are asking me to make one for them

How neat is that? I love it!!!

kellyv

EXCELLENT JOB ON THE FIRE ANT!!!!!

EEEEEEKKKKKKK!!! :eek We have enough fire ants here.

This one sure is alot cutter though. Great job.

I really really don't like fire ants but that one is soooo cute. I wouldn't mind having that one around.:clap:manyheart

:ty all for your encouragement! My boys keep asking when I'm going to make some for them (and my 2-yr-old keeps trying to play with it!). I have to wait until my fingers aren't so sore...I can't even work on my bookmarks right now because the small hooks hurt my already sore fingers!

My advice to anyone who attempts the Creepy Crawlies pattern: insert the chenille stem as you're stuffing the bug and continue to stuff around it. This does two things; it keeps the chenille straight as you're threading it, and you make sure to get it in the right holes on both sides (another problem I had!). It's a fun pattern, though!

My advice to anyone who attempts the Creepy Crawlies pattern: insert the chenille stem as you're stuffing the bug and continue to stuff around it.

OMG...I've been racking (sp?) my brain since I saw this post and I couldn't figure out what you meant by "chenille stems"....Do you mean PIPE CLEANERS???!!! :yay Sorry I'm so excited but it was killing me not being able to figure it out...

Nice ant, btw...

:D

Yes, chenille stems = pipe cleaners. :lol In the craft section at Wal-Mart, the package actually says "chenille stems" on it. So now you know if your pattern calls for chenille stems what to look for! :)