Angel Tree Skirt

Tampa Doll

I went looking for a Christmas tree:ctree skirt last November. I got to replies from two special designers on Crochetville. One was RoseRed and the other was Katchkan. I appreciate what both women offered me and with much agonizing, I decided to do the pattern from Katchkan.

I thought I would have this done in time to put it around my tree at Christmas. Hey, I have done graph's before, right? Yeah well, I was singing a different tune in January.:rofl

Now I have never done filet crochet before, so it was a real challenge for me to wrap this around my brain.:think Once I got it straight, I started to move along.

I have a new respect for those of you who do full table covers and bedspreads in thread. I also have a new respect for those of you who do filet. No one realizes the work this requires.:bow

I want to present to you, from start to finish, my final piece to complete my handmade Christmas Decorations for my new Christmas tree.

Thank you Kathy,

for your beautiful design and for putting up with all my questions. th_7x5starttofinish.gif..(clickable)

That is absolutely to die for!!! Isn't Kathy brilliant? And I do not believe this is your first filet piece.....it is too perfect!!! Just beautiful!!!

Oh my, that is beautiful. You did a wonderful job, especially considering it was your FIRST filet project!! I can hardly believe that!

And Kathy's design...well, I am dumbstruck. It is gorgeous!!

It turned out better than I hoped for Mary Jo. It's Lovely. :manyheart

I am working on mine at the moment. You did such a fantastic job on your first filet project. You can be very proud of the job you did. :yes

Tell me about it! Filet is easy right? You do the same stitch over and over....

NOT!!!

I got in over my head on my first project, Katchcan's snowflake table cloth, truly thinking it wouldn't be that difficult. It looks so glorious done, but it is agonizing to work with. My updated completion date on that project is my friends 25th wedding anniversary (her wedding is this semptember, lol).

If I were you I would be putting up my tree for Christmas in July because it is absolutely gorgous. I am stunned by how perfect your stitches look! What an amazing piece of work! You should be so proud of yourself!

Thanks for sharing!

I envy you for having such a wonderful talent and yes you need talent to do such beautiful work.

It is so gorgeous that words cannot even describe it. Like I said to you before, I would put a fence around my tree as I wouldn't want anyone getting to close to it!!!! :cheer

Mary Jo that is gorgeous! Boy, when you take on a new technique, you go all out!!! That is incredible. Thanks for sharing it with us. As always, Kathy keeps coming up with winning designs! (and you have me curious what RedRose's design was :))

I am curious, too. Any way we could get a glimpse of it?

Rose Red was going to use her Angel Pattern that is on her store site and make it into a tree skirt for it. There was not really a pattern made up, but maybe if she sees this and has enough interested, she may just make the pattern up.

Thank you all for the compliments. This took quite a while and I put it aside a couple of times, as I was messing up and was playing frog to often.

There are mistakes, but they, appartnetly, well hidden. Thank you all for the encouragement.:hook

That's beautiful. Fantastic work. Filet is a pain and very unforgiving if you make a mistake, but it's so worth it in the end. :) Good for you for sticking it out and ending up with a lovely tree skirt.

Archived