Diamond Ghan in beige

RoseRed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love this afghan the way you put it together!

How long did it take you to make and is the afghan pattern itself also a Annies Attic pattern?

Beautiful with that edging too. Thank you for sharing the pic.

Thanx! I put it away for a week while I was at Dad's but I'd say about 2-3 weeks on and off.

Actually, someone had posted a diamond ghan and couldn't share the pattern do to copyrights but she posted a great pic and after about 10 minutes of playing around with some yarn - the pattern came out. I changed it a little bit but it's not one of my patterns. If you look for the red diamond ghan I did for my girlfriends daughter I think it might have a link to the origional pic and she has the pattern for it.

Thanx! I put it away for a week while I was at Dad's but I'd say about 2-3 weeks on and off.

Actually, someone had posted a diamond ghan and couldn't share the pattern do to copyrights but she posted a great pic and after about 10 minutes of playing around with some yarn - the pattern came out. I changed it a little bit but it's not one of my patterns. If you look for the red diamond ghan I did for my girlfriends daughter I think it might have a link to the origional pic and she has the pattern for it.

Your 2-3 week time period has me in awe. With all the things I have to do in a day, I can usually only crochet in the evenings after dinner, dishes, etc..

I looked at your red diamond 'ghan also and have to say the beige one in this thread is my favorite of them. It looks so elegant.

Thanks again for sharing and the info. Someday if I ever get real ambitious maybe I can sit down and try to use a photo. (yeah right!)

yarncat made the origional. her pic is here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73300&highlight=diamond

you'll have to ask her about the pattern. I just looked at the pic and made my own.

While looking for another afghan pattern in my crochet books I came across a pattern that looks just like the Extra Easy Diamonds. It's in the book Afghan Enchantment ( 1996), distributed by The Needlecarft Shop and called Sunshine Filet (pg. 135). Only difference is the colors. My search is over :woo

Thank you. Actually, I was working against the clock on this one. I wanted to have it completed before we made the trip back home so we wouldn't have to pay to mail it at Christmas time.

MIL will hold onto this and the green one till Christmas for me.

Archived