Hello from Knoxville, TN

LissaKay

A quick howdy-do before I have to scoot off to work!

I just reaquired the love of crocheting .... I first learned from my grandmother when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I am also trying to learn knitting as well.

Must run! Will chat more later!

:welcome Glad you are here! :clap :clap :clap I'm in Nashville, TN but get to Knoxville often. There are several of you here at Crochetville that live in the Knoxville area. :)

Welcome to our group,

Barbara

Wow ... thanks for the great welcome. Now that I actually have a minute ...

I live in Knoxville, TN. Divorced for 11 years, I have three teenagers ... 19 and 17 year old sons, and my baby girl is 15 going on 40. I am also cat mommy to two Maine Coon cats ... my big boy, Dakota is a whopping 22 pounds, Faith is a silly little kitty girl. The kids and the cats can be seen here.

My other hobby and avocation is web site design and management. My main site is here. Those jobs provide my mad money, for thing like new gadgets and yarn! My day job ... bleh, you don't wanna know.

I have no idea why I all of a sudden decided to take up crocheting again. It has been YEARS ... my kids were babies the last time I got into this, and I made some booties, hats and blankets. I have already completed one project, an Irish Rose pillow. I put up a photoblog today to put up pictures of what I am doing. It's not completely done yet ... none of my sites ever is. I tinker endlessly.

Up next, I am making a crochet hook case, a lace Juliet cap for my daughter, the Serephina shawl, and what got me here ... the fluffy shrug pattern, which was linked in the Luxury Crochet Yahoo group.

I've a 6 day holiday coming up starting Wednesday ... guess what I plan to do ?? ;)

Thanks for the welcome, this looks to be a fun and informative place to be!

Hi and Welcome! I am in Knoxville too!

:devil

Well, howdy neighbor!

I just joined the Knoxville Stitch n Bitch ... ever go to one of these?

Stitch n Bitch is a knitting book by Debbie Stoller. That led to the formation of local SnB MeetUp groups being formed, where members get together once or twice a month to ... well, stitch and bitch. Since MeetUp.com decided to start charging $20 a month to each group, the Knoxvile SnB decided to move to Yahoo Groups - Knoxville SnB. The meetings are posted on the group calendar, and are usually at the Panera Bread on Kingston Pk the first and third Thursday of each month.

I haven't been to one yet, my work schedule makes it a bit difficult, but I hope to make it to one soon!

Archived