Comfortghans needed for abused and elderly

stargazingirly

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
th_DSC04725.jpg

here is the most recent completed comfortghan! The Image is clickable

I got another one half edged last night.

Wow, Jessica!

That is a really bright and colorful one! :yay There are some really cool patterns there, too. I see SmoothFox's heart of a granny square there. I recently purchased that one.

Great work! Hope your fingers are better.:hug

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +21/YTD: +19

Silver medal for Stashbusting: 08/24/08

Shoot the Moon (-5) 11/02/08

Team VJGC

Thanks Marzee!

Yes I liked all the bright colors too!

One of my fingers is doing well and is back in the usable range, the other is still very painful and swollen... i'm learning to crochet with out it, its a bit difficult since its my index finger... but everyone always said I was a very stubborn girl :lol

By the end of this weekend I should have another one up and posted! :yay

Wow, you sure are a trooper! And that afghan is lovely. :yay

I have been making some squares for you for whenever you are ready to accept more.

Great Thank you!!

I have another one completed... but photo shop is being stubborn and won't let me up load it for some reason right now, I will fight with it tomorrow, for now I'm off for a long day at work...

Hope you are all well!:manyheart

~Jess

th_DSC04736.jpg

th_DSC04738.jpg

Both images are click-able! the bottom one I finished a week ago and the top one I finished this morning!

I have one more picture to take so I can show you all the little preemie blanket I made to send along with the rest of these.

I have enough squares for 5 more comfortghans, Once I have 3 more put together I will post and let you know I have room for squares again! Thank you all for your patience! :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

A little change in plans for me, I am moving to NH in less than a week for a job transfer. Its a good move for me, and for my husband, but it means I will be donating these comfortghans this upcoming Sunday. I just wanted to let you know that all of the squares destined for comfortghans that haven't been sewn together are going to a related nursing home where some women still crochet and one of the nurses there said they would love to have them to put together, so they will still be going to the same purpose. I will also be donating yarn to them to crochet with.

I hope this is acceptable to you all!

I will plan on starting a new thread for the NH area, but it will be a couple of weeks since packing, moving across a couple of states and unpacking will be occupying my time.

Once again I want to thank each and every one of you for all of your time and hard beautiful work that went into making these afghans! you all are amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to check in with you all and let you know I am now fully moved in to my new place in NH. Its a bit of a change but so far so good.

I am planning on starting a new thread in the crochet for charity page that will benefit a local hospital chapter here in NH. Most of the donated Items will go to http://www.woodlandsatharvesthill.org/TheWoodlands.html or http://www.alicepeckday.org/harvest-hill Both facilities are located on the Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital where senior citizens can transition from a retirement home to a nursing home type care without ever moving. I don't know how many times I've heard of people just giving up on life when they are moved into a nursing home. My Grandfather did and it was heart breaking for all of us. Here the from independent living to assisted living and then full care can happen without any major jumps, hopefully eliminating the trauma of loosing their independence all at once.

I will still be accepting squares but would like help making wheelchair bags, shawls, lapghans, eyeglass cases, pillow for behind the neck or between the knees, bookmarks, bible covers and anything else you can think of that would brighten the lives of those living in this setting.

If you need my address please PM me as it has changed!

I hope to see you all over in my new thread under Crochet for Charity!

Thanks!

Jessica

• 2 months later...

Hi,

if your transfer is good for you and you really know that you can't look after your parent than find the best assisted living and took your parents to assisted living. but remember that the assisted living must be good and all the needs of your parents must full fill.

Archived