Comfortghans needed for abused and elderly

stargazingirly

I mailed a couple of squares today so keep a lookout for the mailman. I also used a pattern by SmoothFox. She designs such nice squares. Hope you like them and thank you SmoothFox!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jessica, just checking to see how you are coming on your goal of 12 comfortghans for your nursing home?

these are also for christmas right?

how big are you making them?

thanks to all the thank ladies here I am ahead of time on mine and hope to be able to get here and help you with yours now:manyheart plus I will let the other Ladies know what you are needing also:manyheart

Hello, I am sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Health problems, family problems, financial...I know we've all been there and I apoligize for my absence. I still have some squares for you if you need them, and will send me your address again!

Barbara C in OR

Hello, I am sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Health problems, family problems, financial...I know we've all been there and I apoligize for my absence. I still have some squares for you if you need them, and will send me your address again!

Barbara C in OR

I hope you are feeling better now and things are getting better for you:hug

Jessica we are almost done with what I am needing here on my end and we will see what we can get done for you & Meganb so that we can all reach our goals:cheer:cheer

Jessica i am posting you link here over on mine so we can start helping you to reach your goal also:cheer

you never did say what size are you making to donate? the Lapghan size or the comfortghan size?

might need to know this in case some one wants to send the whole blanket not just squares:)

also can you give us an update on how many you have finished and ready to deliver?

we all want to meet our goals:cheer:cheer

I would like to help out. I make afghans for charity and can use leftover yarn for squares when there is enough (and Circles of Hope when there isn't).

So it might take me a while, but I'll send some squares to you when I get enough. I have one 12" so far.

It looks like Oct 4th was the last time jessica was on here. so I am going to help with the blankets That Meganb need till we hear from Jessica to know what she needs!

will check back here later

Hi everyone,

Sorry Its been so long since I checked in, I had a family emergency and had to spend a few weeks in Maine with my little brother.

I am still putting lapghans together, To answer a few questions from above, I welcome any help you can offer, however I have received so many many squares from all your generous donations that I no longer need the squares (at least for now) However if anyone has the time to put together a lapghan or a comfortghan to donate that would be fantastic.

As far as size, any will do, these are going to any number of different patients (children, babies, wheel chair patients, elderly) so really and truly any size afghan in any pattern would be hugely appreciated.

I am back with internet connection so I will be here daily to check in. I will PM all of you whom I have missed these last couple of weeks, and again I apologize for my absence.

It is just so cool, Jessica, to see how you put all my squares together in one afghan! :cheer It really looks great! Thank you so much for posting the pic:manyheart.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +3/YTD: +3

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

October Charity Square A Long! Oct 24-27

th_DSC04675.jpg

Here is the one I finished this morning. I need to finish a couple of preemie blankets for a friend from work, but then back to joining! (image is clickable)

Love this look!! what pattern was used?

It is good to see you back. your brother is in my prayers and so is your family:manyheart

Hey Sissie!

The squares were made by Marzee, they look like sort of like a standard granny square with alternating colors each row... I really liked it too, thats why I couldn't separate the squares she sent me, they just looked too cool together!

Thank you so much for your prayers for my brother and my family, things are starting to look up, its been a positive week, hopefully everything will be under control before the holidays.

I have another comfortghan half joined, will finish it today and then edge it and a picture should be up this afternoon!

Thank you all so much for your help!!

th_DSC04711.jpg

(image clickable!)

Just finished this one this morning, now my wrists need a bit of a break, but ill be back to work on them later, let me know what you think!

This looks so fantastic Jessica! The colors are great as are all the different patterns! :cheer

I really do have to get out of the standard granny rut. But it's the one thing I can crochet without thinking. A good thing when I realize I've lost my mind.:P

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

I think your squares are awesome with the color changed back and forth like that, they are really jazzed up granny squares.

This looks so fantastic Jessica! The colors are great as are all the different patterns! :cheer

I really do have to get out of the standard granny rut. But it's the one thing I can crochet without thinking. A good thing when I realize I've lost my mind.:P

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Very nice! :clap I really like how you joined in an offwhite/cream and then bordered in a variegated that matched some of the squares.

Thanks,

I had just enough cream to join them, and then the skein was gone.... I have lots of different creams but since many are donated they are rarely exactly the same. I thought it sort of pulled it together with the variegated since the squares come from so many different people!

hey all!

Just checking in, I've got a bright ghan on the hook right now, edging and joining as I go.. might end up with today off due to hour cuts, if so I will finish it today, if not It will be done my next day off (Sunday) Will post pictures then!

Hope all is well with each and everyone of you,

~Jess

Archived