Comfortghans needed for abused and elderly

stargazingirly

Hey everyone!

There is a square- a - long under the crochet a long page... that would be a great way to make squares for charity. I have to work all weekend, but my goal is 5/day!

Jessica,

Okay! Twelve 12" squares coming up! This will take me a while since I am also making 6" squares for a local group for baby blankets. They provide the (Simply Soft) yarn, so my stash isn't shrinking as fast as it should. If I was doing the yarn busting thing I would have a ytd of -20.

Anyway, you mentioned that you were looking at this in the long term. I will leave it to you to put them together and border it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jessica,

Okay! Twelve 12" squares coming up! This will take me a while since I am also making 6" squares for a local group for baby blankets. They provide the (Simply Soft) yarn, so my stash isn't shrinking as fast as it should. If I was doing the yarn busting thing I would have a ytd of -20.

Anyway, you mentioned that you were looking at this in the long term. I will leave it to you to put them together and border it.

Wow! That would be great! Thanks so much! :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
I know I said I'd help with this when I can. I will do so come july if that is ok. Or August. I am moving this month & June & then I need to get caught up on my crochet swaps then I can help out. :D

LOL no problem, i will be here for the long haul, so any help when every you can will be great.

I received a big box of squares today from KellyA!!

th_DSC03347.jpg

th_DSC03348.jpg

Thank You so much for all of these beautiful squares:hug:manyheart:hug:yay:yay:yay

And for the tea, I am fighting a nasty head cold and just ran out today, this will get me through til i get to the store, Again! Thank You!

Jessica,

so glad you received my small donation, but a donation just the same, right?

I try so hard to crochet everyday, my WIP, charity squares for 3 different ones...and unfortunately my health/pain issues just get in the way! It is most frustrating and depressing, something I fight everyday to overcome.

I sent the 2 little extra goodies for you to let you know how much YOUR work is appreciated in putting together all the squares for comfortghans!!

Jess, I'm also doing a shawl right now and am trying to recruit my mom to make a few as well to send you.

Lauren

Lauren!

It wasn't a little donation!! 5 12 inch squares take a lot of time and effort and I understand you have other obligations! I really loved the squares you sent and appreciate all the time you put into making them!

Thank You SO much! They really are terrific!

Will be making additional squares for you this weekend (doing it in the square along CAL)

I will be doing solid color squares this time

Will be making additional squares for you this weekend (doing it in the square along CAL)

I will be doing solid color squares this time

Awesome!

I too will be part of the square- a long this weekend. its a great way to get really motivated to keep these squares coming!

Since many of you are making squares a variety of charities anyways come on over to the CAL page and join us! its nice to see what we can do each month as a group!!!

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let you know I finished 16 more squares this weekend, I have enough for 3 made with the 8 inch squares and 1 made with 12 inch squares at this point, I am going to wait for at least one more box of squares since I know they are coming toward the end of this week, then I will get the colors organized and start putting some together!!

Have a great week every one!

Archived