I just opened the book and the first comment on the top

"We can do things with crochet that you knitters only dream about...."

I think I'm going to like this book:lol:lol:lol:lol

(Sorry knitters, just teasing)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looks and sounds interesting.

I did get a little chuckle :lolover the one review that was written.

Appartently the person who wrote the review, knows nothing about crocheting, because she says the main character leaves her needles behind. Now we all know needles are knitting. Just thought that was funny.

Will have to get this when it comes. out.:hook

I noticed that right away...I had to chuckle over it!!!

Wow, I have to read this book. I love the knitting mystries that I have been reading and now a crochet mystery. So glad you posted this thread. It is the first time I have noticed this thread.

I just checked with Books-A-Million. They have the book it is $6.99 and they are holding a book for me at the service desk. I can't wait :yay I know what I will be doing tonight. :yes

• 6 months later...

Ok, catching up on old times here...who got the book & read it?

I loaned my copy to two friends first since they can whiz thru a book in no time at all and I have it back now & am ready to begin...

Any thoughts? Is there a book discussion thread somewheres?:lol

clicky:

Hooked On Murder by Betty Hechtman

Isn't number 2 in the series about to come out? I thought I saw that online somewhere? I got my copy from my lovely swapper this fall, but I've been saving it for Christmas, when I'll have time to sit down and relax and read it with a giant pot of tea and no interruptions. Bliss! Patty

I read Hooked on Murder and I loved the book. Dead Men Don't Crochet is on sale now I think and I have to wait until payday on the 15th to go to books-a-million to see if they have the book. She put a recipe and crochet pattern at the end of Hooked on Murder and Dead Men Don't Crochet.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read the 1st one and it was an enjoyable read. Nothing too complex, just a light easy read. The mystery keeps you guessing and I certainly did not know "who done it" until it was revealed which is not normal for me ;)

I'd definitely recommend reading it.

Thanks for sharing number 2 is out. I bought the first one the day it was available and then pass it on to someone here on the ville. It is a very easy read, something light and fun. I enjoyed it.

I had to order my copy of Dead Men Don't Crochet it came in last Tuesday I did not get to books-a-million until yesterday. I am on page 38 so far so good.

I finished it over the holiday.

I enjoyed it even more than the first. The characters are even more developed and fleshed out. The story , I thought, was put together even better than the first as well.

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to #3 due out in june amazon says! :)

Hugs

Kath

• 2 months later...

ok so i finally read it..my mom reads all kinds of mysteries...the quilt, knit, scrapbooking, tea house and now the crochet mystery series. I borrowed both from her and finishe dhooked on murder in just a little over 10 hours. I loved it and have started dead men don't crochet and so far so good.

I bought this from Barnes and Noble, and am really liking it so far--I'm glad to know there's another one out.

I'm not going to read the rest of this thread, as I don't want to know the ending!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived