How can i reduce a cross stitch patter....

CATS-PURRFECT

Question

Hi

How can i reduce a cross stitch pattern that i made in PC stitch to the size like 4x4 inches...AND NOT LOSE the DETAIL on it???????

I tryed it and lost a buch of detain on it i want the patterns that size to make a scarf like this but in SINGLE CROCHET...

5 answers to this question

Get graph paper and graph it out. I do it all the time. I have found however that if you want exact outlining as in the first scarf you need to make sure all the black stitch link together. If you can imagine a square with four smaller squares drawn inside it (two across top, two across bottom) they would represent the sc sts. A's over A's

A A B A B B

A A A B A B

You want the black outline to drop down a row as in the BA AB .

Because of the way a sc is worked you don't get a solid diagnol line.

To get the solid line you need to work the black outline (B) BB AB.

Did I confuse you more?

I hope not. I hope this answers your question at least a little bit.

I have not mastered PC stitch yet but if you need help with that program the ladies over at www.123stitch.com are wonderful. Some of the cross stitch designers post there that use the program. Make sure to state what version you are using because I think it makes a difference if it's pro or not. Also if you are just using the trial you may not be able to resize, not sure. Mary

You'd have to reduce the individual stitch size, not the overall pattern size (which will shrink when the indivual blocks are reduced) in order to keep the detail, but as I recall, PC stitch has a limit on how big/small it can make (at least the one I had years ago did). Plus, you'd need a hook and yarn combo that produce a fairly uniform square stitch in SC, or oblong blocks in DC. These days I use PaintBrush or QuiltPro - my hard drive doesn't have enough room for PCStitch too :-)

Archived