Do you keep any of your crochet projects, or do you give them all away?

Gran

I was giving most of it away but like ZoeZoesmom, I'm currently in a ME phase. :D And Cherokee2, you are correct, yarn is not free! I'm getting to the point where if my sister asks me for ONE more thing, I'm gonna offer to teach her how to do it herself instead, and I'm pretty sure she'll pass that up. She'd rather have someone do it for her for free.

I've started telling those people when they mention the 9 zillionth thing they want me to make that I'll make it as soon as they get the yarn for it. Surprisingly, my requests have gone down.

Don't get me wrong I love making gifts for people but I don't want it to be expected just because its say tuesday or something. :lol

I enjoy doing my charity crochet though sometimes I do have to cut back due to the cost. But I feel that I can make a much larger impact with my crocheted items than I would be able to with what little monetary donation I could make. I could donate a couple dollars or I could find some great clearance yarn and make a blanket that will comfort someone. Seems like an easy answer to me. Giving is good for me, it makes me feel like I am doing my part.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived